• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 32gb timings over 2666?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a full timing's table that would be in the 3000 or 3200 xpm charts. My kit is a 8x4g kit. I know that you can set the main timings and let the rest on auto, but I don't think the spd chart goes that high on this kit, does it? I'm just in the process of finding out what my ram can do, and I can get 2666 stable at cas 14 1.35v. I just need to know the looser timings for higher speeds to see what my kit can do.

You can try something like 2800 15-15-15 at 1.35V, but you'll definitely need more VCCSA since you're on X99.
With all eight slots populated you'll be hard pressed to get into the 3000 range.

You can try something like 2800 15-15-15 at 1.35V, but you'll definitely need more VCCSA since you're on X99.
With all eight slots populated you'll be hard pressed to get into the 3000 range.

will the spd chart fill in properly?

for some reason cpu-z keeps reading 2200 on the ram and 100 on the blk even though I have it set to 2800/2750 and 125. What is causing this? Also what can I use to benchmark just the ram to validate changes?

ok so....... is BIOS so smart these day's, that if you throw numbers at it that make it unhappy...... it reconfigures to find minimal settings that will work? Back when I started my Athlon XP-M and Abit AN-7, if you made the system unhappy it would simply fail to post and potentially corrupt the bios. Many times I had to reflash my bios. I can't think of another explaination to these very low settings when I post.

ok so either cpu-z is flawed for x99 boards, or I can't get any kind of results from changing any setting. It's like there needs to be a magic combination of settings but I can't figure them out, to many variables. I was happier overclocking in the olden days. I had direct control over a set number of variables. Timing's, fsb, multiplier, vcore, dram voltage and nb voltage. I knew exactly how to adjust each of those to find the limits of each facet of my computer. Now I throw numbers at it randomly and sure it doesn't crash, but I have no idea what my settings are doing. One last question, is there a voltage directly linked to the memory controller?

Can you post a screenshot of the BIOS settings and of what CPUz shows?

Memory controller voltage = VCCSA, this is why I suggested you adjust it.

If cpu-z is showing 100bclk then your settings couldn't pass motherboard test and BIOS set it to 100bclk while memory ratio is x22 ( 22 x 125 = ~2750 ).

I would try to skip higher bclk and simply set it to 30 x 100bclk = ~3000 15-16-16 1.35V and check if it's working like that.

If cpu-z is showing 100bclk then your settings couldn't pass motherboard test and BIOS set it to 100bclk while memory ratio is x22 ( 22 x 125 = ~2750 ).

I would try to skip higher bclk and simply set it to 30 x 100bclk = ~3000 15-16-16 1.35V and check if it's working like that.

My motherboard doesn't allow direct control of fsb/dram multiplier. Max I can set without touching blk is 2666.

yeah, I went to newest bios when I first got it. Early on it had a hard time posting every now and then, but that went away

yeah, I went to newest bios when I first got it. Early on it had a hard time posting every now and then, but that went away

So you're on version 3.30, which was released less than two months ago, correct?

correct, I'll have to reboot and double check, but that is what I remember

edit: yes 3.30

Last edited:
Back