• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS 512mb PC 2700 and Sandra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michfan

I just ran a benchmark using Sandra 2003 and got the following results:

sandra.JPG

These results are puzzling to me. Shouldnt my RAM be running faster than this on this benchmark??? Also if you look at the Compared benchmarks using the other KT266 or KT333 chipsets (Mine is a KT333) it seems slow also for those types of RAM. Is Sandra reporting things wrong or is my RAM running slower than it should be? Timings are 2-3-3-5 at 166mhz DRAM Clock with 145 FSB. RAM will run at 2-2-2-5 with 133mhz DRAM Clock with same FSB. No major difference in Sandra between the two. Any insight would be appreciated.

Oh and hi!

:D

jlin453

up the fsb to something higher. My scores were around your levels, but when I unlocked my processor and upped the fsb, my score was a lot better(by about 300 or so).

btw, my score is around 2300,2100+, which I know isn't that far better from yours.

I have a third party using Samsung chips,and at the "fast" setting w/cas2.

OP
Michfan

Michfan

Thanks for the tip. I am going to progressively up the FSB. Just finished running Prime 95 for 10 hours with no errors so far. The reason i asked is because i assumed that PC 2700 RAM is called so because it does 2700 mb/s. Thats why the results were puzzling to me.

walldow

to get the full bandwidth you have to run the fsb at the same speed as the memory or 166x2 (333mhz fsb). running anything lower just wastes the bandwith giving you the bottleneck effect. same with [email protected] to use the total bandwidth you need to reach 200x2(400mhz fsb)

jlin453

walldow said:
to get the full bandwidth you have to run the fsb at the same speed as the memory or 166x2 (333mhz fsb). running anything lower just wastes the bandwith giving you the bottleneck effect. same with [email protected] to use the total bandwidth you need to reach 200x2(400mhz fsb)

But I've set my memory to run 133(1:1 ratio w/processor)

This is giving me higher fsb's than leaving it at 166mhz