• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS or X-treme DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Braindonor

just wanted to know what everyone thinks about these two manufacturers. I know they're both good, but I can't choose between the two. I'm looking to get a 512 stick of either one I have X-treme now and I like it just wanna know if anyone really likes XMS. Please give reasons. thank you

ronin1967

I have never heard of anyone ever complaing about the performance of Corsair XMS.

Perhaps this will sway you a little.

I purchased a new stick of Corsair XMS3200Cas2 512MB from a well know retailer. I put the module into my system and it seemed not to be up to par. I ran MemTest86 and it turned out there was a bad module on it. I immediately called the retail store I bought it from. I explained the problems,ran some more tests, and the guy was anything but helpful. He eventually hung up on me. I called Corsair directly to find out what I should do. Two days later I had a new stick of memory and they even sent me a package to ship the bad one back to them(and they paid for the shipping). Can't beat service like that.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Very very happy with my Corsair XMS 3200C2 (goes well above 200mhz with ease ) !!! Now Corsair has XMS 3500 (Iam sure you knew that already) . Heres an e-mail I received from Corsair just TODAY : ___________________________________________

The XMS3500 modules are generally regarded as the very fastest memory modules available. Independent review sites have confirmed this with extensive side-by-side testing with other modules. As summarized by one UK reviewer, "Corsair have yet again upped the ante in the memory stakes with what is some of the fastest DDR memory on the planet... the fact is that Corsair are offering simply the best memory around."

Further information and specifications on this product and other XMS products can be found at Corsair's web site (www.corsairmemory.com/xms/). These modules can be purchased through Corsair’s authorized sales channels listed at http://www.corsairmemory.com/xms/xms_sales.html.

About Corsair Memory
Corsair Memory, a member of JEDEC, has been a leader in the design and manufacture of high speed modules since 1994. We have earned our reputation as being the first to market with leading-edge products supporting new computing platforms and technologies. Corsair supplies memory for applications ranging from mission-critical servers to ultra-high performance gaming systems. The performance and reliability of Corsair memory products makes them ideal for the high bandwidth internet infrastructure.

Last edited:

Mike360000

Choosing Corsair memory is a NO-BRAINER!
Sure there are other good memory makers out there but when all is said and done, every other stick of memory is judged against Corsair, even Mushkin! I've been running Corsair memory for years and have yet to get a bad stick, although I have bought other makes depending on other purposes. But for overclocking I always get Corsair and I have never been disappointed with it! Matter of fact in the next short while I am hoping to be getting a 512 meg stick of that new XMS 3500 Corsair.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike360000

Kinerry said:
corsair doesnt like to be compatable :(

Well I hate it but not every last stick of memory will work with every last mobo....... Even Corsair states this on their site, as has been stated here before. Some mobos and some makes of ram just don't get along.... That doesn't mean one or the other is bad, but just a bad combination.

Cheers,
Mike