• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could i get this config. to 2.8 or 2.9?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merp

Hey everybody...

I am currently running a P4 2.4BGhz at 2.7 on my P4PE board. My voltage is 1.56v (p4pe overvolts from what i've heard) (measured from bios), cpu temp <34C idle <44 load with a thermalright ax-478 being cooled by a Tt smart case fan 2.

my memory is Kingston Valueram... 333 running at ~400 2.5 6 6 7.

I have run the machine at 2.9 successfully for a few minutes, but under a few minutes load it crash restarted (temps were still quite reasonable). My question is ... is there a way i can stably run 2.8 or 2.9 with this setup? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Well, besides improving your cooling (which in your case is pretty good to start with) you can try raising the voltage. Be careful though, as your temps will probably go up noticably. Go can also try improving your case cooling by adding fans, keeping your cables in check, etc. Maybe you'll be able to shave a few degrees off your temp, which should help your overclock a bit.

i was able to acheive this same overlcock before i lowered my temp 12C, though... i doubt lowering it a couple of degrees more would make that difference...

With the voltage thing... i suppose i could try it... thanks :)

Back