• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could i use 2 clients?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

i stoped folding for a while but i thought id give it a go again...

For some reson [email protected] refuses to dialup and get another WU, and its causing me to only get 1 WU done a day because i can't be here to dial up for it. So can i run 2 clients on the same computer? or will 1 just take all the cpu cycles?

Kendan

Senior Punk
Yes you can just make sure you set different machine IDs for each instance in the advanced options when you set it up, Use the local flag, and use the text only console version. I do not use dialup so I can not help with that part but there are plenty of members who could help you get it working:D Good luck and Fold on!!!

OP
eh?

eh?

alright thanks ill try it overnight, im going to bed now. And if anyone can help with the dial up problem please feel free to chime in

Kendan

Senior Punk
cerberus said:
i stand corrected *bows to folding greatness* :D

You are correct if you don't change the machine ID, Use the -local flag, and use the console versions in there own directory. :sn: You could use one graphical and one cosole using the -local flag on the console version. Fold on!!!!

OSUmaxx

Hey drdingo, glad to see you're folding again!

edit: This is 94_accord from HS if you didn't guess :D

OP
eh?

eh?

OSUmaxx said:
Hey drdingo, glad to see you're folding again!

edit: This is 94_accord from HS if you didn't guess :D
hey! i see you are number 134! nice, ill race you to the top 100:D

Last edited:

OSUmaxx

Someone just reported success with autodialing from the new Beta version of the client. You might want to check that out.

OP
eh?

eh?

alright i run them both, thanks for the help!

i dunno why your helping me but if it works i should be able to really crush you :):D

(j/k)