• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could my PSU be the culprit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

I am having problems with random reboots with my system. It could happen in 30 mins...could happen in 10 hours...or it might not happen at all. I dont know whether my memory or PSU is the problem so i might just go and replace em both just to be sure(and grab some pc3500 :p). My 5V rail reads about 4.81-4.83 with my system overclocked. The system was fine for months...this just started happening in the past 2 weeks or so.

leathersmt

asus said,

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS, and they said it may be a short, but I have been getting different levels of vloltages, and I am thinking it is either the psu or the boards naturally fluctuate...... , I had one do that the other night, and I still have not figured out why it did it....

stool

The PSU is usually the first suspect when you keep getting random reboots. Try to make sure you get a good-quality PSU. It will save you a lot of headaches.
To eliminate the memory as a source of your problems, go here and DL DocMemory. Run the diagnostic on your RAM.
Heat is also another possible source of your problem, and I notice your FSB is at 174. This also could cause instability.