• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couldn't locate IPX socket?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IPX is another type of networking protocol like TCP/IP, unless you set up your computer for IPX networking (i actually find it easier to set up a LAN this way than through TCP/IP) and play a LAN match then your not goint to be using it.

Basically what the messege is saying is that Half-Life went out and checked to see if you were playing on an IPX network, your not your playing online (i assume) wich is using TCP/IP and says it wasnt found and goes on to use that protocol instead.

and i think i beat you for the worst speller ever :p

In your Half-life or CS shortcut, add a "-noipx" after "-game cstrike" (without quotes)

That will disable the old old IPX protocol which you will never use in CS, and possibly make other things slightly faster.

whooping_a_panda said:

and i think i beat you for the worst speller ever :p

I am not only the worst speller ever, I am the worst typer ever. Infact, i am the Commander of Mistypeing in the OEM

Yakbak said:
In your Half-life or CS shortcut, add a "-noipx" after "-game cstrike" (without quotes)

That will disable the old old IPX protocol which you will never use in CS, and possibly make other things slightly faster.

ive played cs over an IPX network, ive also played TFC and HL deathmatch over it

Back