• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter-Strike Expansion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kLiNk

Registered
Does anyone know how condition-zero is gonna be??!?!?!?!? I cant wait im an avid player of counter-strike and i just wanted to know a little about condition-zero.

NO LIFE

Go on the web and search it. I have found tons of videos/documentaries about it. I found a good one at csnation.counter-strike.net ....however sadly it was taped in english but dubbed in german....why u ask? I dont know.

Anywho...it looks exactly like CS from the HUD to the gameplay style, only with a much needed graphics improvement. This is what I think most people are hoping for, better graphics with the same gameplay.

P.S. By gameplay I mean same flow of CS...CS:CZ will definetly have new guns and added game elements that the HL engine couldn't handle, but It will keep the relative feel that CS has....you know what I talkin about.

NO LIFE

O ya...its definetly a new game man...no expansion to HL, I mean a new engine. Your gonna have to go buy CS:CZ in the store...no patching the CS u got now. CS:CZ may bring about the final demise of HL, unless of course people like DoD and Natural Selection enough to keep playing on the HL engine....(I know I do :) ).

NO LIFE

Hmmm....i dunno about TFC2 man...I have been reading about it...are you sure you got ur facts right? Valve has said so little i figured they are waiting til after CS:CZ's release to annouce they scrapped the project just so it wouldnt hurt sales if they announced b4 CZ release. Thats my theory. I mean even magazines like PC Gamer have been shadey and very vague about the subject.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
i dont think they scrapped it, they have one or 3 monkeys locked in a room with keyboards and their expected to write shakespear... err... umm... i mean code tf2

rb26dett

Disabled
NO LIFE man, I notice in your sig (see below)
Dell 2.0 [email protected] 2.0gHz
some dang dell mobo
512mb PC800 RDRAM
100mb HD <----------
SB Live!
GeForce 3 base (no Ti )

that you have 100mb hd .... thats like so 90's :rolleyes:

baqai

100MB ?? i guess its 100GB or something ??

i have 2 x 80 GB and 1 x 40 .. thats like 200 GB and think my first x86 computer had 113mb and it was "huge" for me :eek:

Peter-griffin

Registered
CS:CZ will include new weapons, along with a NEW ENGINE!!

This gets rid of the restraints from the HL engine, like having poly caps and have a 100FPS limit (maybe due to poly caps?!) which is VERY frustrating for people whose video card/CPU setup allows them to achieve much higher FPS!!

3 new weapons that I know of are:

L.A.W. Rocket Launcher- Terrorists only, this single shot weapon fires a rocket than has relative ineffectiveness towards 2 or 3 CT's on foot; however, when the enemy is in a vehicle (vehicles are supposed to be more drastic in CS:CZ) it does x4 normal damage and makes the vehicle useless for the rest of the round.

Some U.S. Marine Machine Gun- The CT's will find this machine gun much more useful than its cheaper counterpart, the M249 Para. This machine gun has a MUCH higher rate of fire (900 RPM!!) and a reload rate unrivaled by the Para (150 shots in the clip which takes 4 seconds to load). Also, the longer you shoot, the more accurate the gun gets (you don't believe me now, but you will!).

Molotov Cocktail- Ah, the best (and only?) invention by the Finnish people, luckily at Terrorist disposal. This liqour refreshment provides plenty of chaos for an incredibly low price ($40). 4 can be carried at once. The downsides to this are:

Long preparation time: The Terrorist has to first stuff the rag into the bottle, shake the bottle, light the rag with a lighter (^_^), and then throw, taking approximately 4.5 seconds.

Low shrapnel damage: Shrapnel from this grenade is just superheated glass. When a victim is wearing kevlar, it deals 0 HP damage and 9 kevlar damage. Without kevlar, 5 HP damage is dealt. This is per piece of glass. The cocktail breaks into 50 substantial pieces of glass in a radius equal to a grenade, so it can deal a light blow to a group of CT's or a deadly one to an AWPer huddled in a corner.

Fire counts as FF: Even with friendly fire disabled, the Molotov Cocktail's firespread still causes damage. Along with the shrapnel (doesn't count as FF), the grenade leaves patches of fire on the alchoholic residue it spits out. The fire lasts for approximately 20 seconds and deals whatever damage is designated by the Admin.

I did see all of this on a site (I believe there was an article on csnation.counter-strike.net) and I noted down the important stuff, like the exact numbers. Unfortunately this is all subject to change, so I very well may be wrong, but as of now this is the most accurate stuff we can get.

PLAY ON CS BROTHERS!!