• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple dumb but easy questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
I'm a n00b so I can ask things like this ;)

I can run my processor at 124 FSB and throw everything at it I can think of with no problem. Temps are great... idling at 28*C right now... full load is 34*C at the most. I can get into XP at 1.75 vcore... but 1.85 is needed to be stable. I did the wire trick and now I'm at 1.95 for safety and hopes of finally hitting 133 FSB.

But thats the problem. I can't for the life of me hit 133. With 2.10 vcore I can get to the XP logo but then I get a blue screen with all kinds of jibberish that (with out reading) says I can't do it :D

Why?

Another question:

At 124 FSB (which is 1241 MHz and I run it like this all the time) my +5V is like 4.90'ish... but under full load it goes as low as 4.78 or so... could that be stopping me from hitting 133 FSB? Is that bad?

System specs are in my sig... but some other info not in there:

Processor is cD0 stepping

PSU is a Codegan... 3.3+5V total output is 246.2W

Motherboard is the newer version... fsb options include: 100, 103, 105, 110, 112, 115, 120, 124(1/3 PCI), 124(1/4 PCI), 133, 140, 150.

Also my motherboard allows the mem to be on a higher bus than the processor unless the 1/4 PCI divider is used. I tested the memory with docmem at various speeds upto 160 FSB. Stable at 133 cas2 and 147cas3 which is as far as I've tested... the cas 2 setting should be stable upto 140... but I haven't tested that yet.

TIA

Your 5v rail is too low, which I think it causing instablity! My cheapo Generic which will be replaced soon gets to as how as 4.76 before, and if I tried anymore FSB it would crash under full load because it's too low.

I got a little more FSB adding a better 80mm Case Fan to the PSU.

AFAIK the coppermine cores top out between 1200-~1350MHz w/o super-cooling. Maybe you have just reached your core limits? 2.1V is a lot! If it can't run it with that voltage, I say you have reached your core's limit.

Back