• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple wiring questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

ok guys...im planning on building my own rheobus/LCD/other multifunctions wutnot. hope this is in the right section.

so far, id like to be able to SAFELY regulate the voltages on 4 fans from 7v-12v. Id prefer to use a dial, not a switch. What kind of resistors/diodes (ive heard usage of both) do i need and where do i place them? Id like to do this in a SAFE WAY so i dont hurt my psu. Also, how does this mod affect LED fans?

Im planning on getting a matrix orbital used off of ebay...or does ratshack cary lcd's based of the HP chip everyone writes software for? id prefer 2x20 but if i must do a 2x16 thats fine. Ive seen support for both serial and paralell, so im pretty comfortable with both. anyone know if those things run under linux?

I was planning on putting some LED's in my molex connectors..i saw a tutorial on it, but the dude didnt use resistors ( i know thats bad)...i also have a molex from my fried psu...i was planning on putting 2 white led's in it..just as a light to go over my fishtank. im assuming id wire that similar to my molex led mods?

Anywhere i can pickup the front side USB connectors WITH wires? or connectors for my usb on my mobo? my case lacks them.

Im not a complete noob to soldering and wiring..just never did it w. leds/my comp..wanna do it right.

i can include ampage/wattage of my PSU's ...wattage of the system psu is 650watts ibest, and the secondary psu is 430watt generic....ampage ill post if needed i kinda cant read my psu right now.

The reason i plan on doing my own, is well bragging rights, i love customizing etc...unless theresa rheostat out there w. programmable LCD to whatever the heck i want....but this i think would be more fun...things such as front audio/video (from my tuner card and soundcard) came across my mind...id just run splitters from the jacks on the back. Also mite be nice for buttons to control winamp while im playing quake...i realize this prolly isnt gonna fit in 1 5.25 bay....lol guess ill have fun figuringout an alternative to cramming it in 2 bays

this one im actually gonna plan out well..draw up schematics first n such, parts list etc...any other cool suggestions is welcome guys. THanks in advance.

ive decided im giong to get onea these deals on ebay where u get like 3 lcds for 12$..that way i can make a few mp3 machines..

i decided im going to use a nightlight bulb instead of led over the fishtank, so i can turn it on while the comp is off..

thats actually ikind of what i need.. imite just kinda gut it alittle bit. thanks alot subtotal

Back