• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Burn in method I discoverd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

I wasn't able to hit 2.2Ghz for a while stable at low voltage I.E. 1.85 Vcore. So what I did was , raised the vcore to max of what my board uses which is 2.068 Vcore. After seeing my processor was stable at 2.068 vcore @ 2.2Ghz for 3 days I decided to lower my voltage to 1.90, which worked very nicely after burning it in at the high 2.068 vcore. After that decided to goto 2250Mhz and burn in again for another 3 days at 2.0+ vcore got it stable then lowerd the voltage again to 1.90vcore. Now after repeating this process I worked my way up to 2.3Ghz 184x12.5 which is now working nicely at 1.95Vcore. I played alot of games to burn in as sisoft and prime didn't work to well as they would error or reboot my pc. Now im able to run everything stable at 2.3Ghz. Hope this helps :).

ReTiCuLeX

Tipycol

This is disputed, but I remember reading somewhere that to do the best burn in, you should run the voltage as high as possible and the fsb as low as possible. I know there is a link in the forums that explains how it works and why this should be done, but I can't find it right now.

alpha_gamer

yeah, you wouldn't believe how many times i've thought of something cool and someone else thought of it a million years earlier :bang head good job though man!

DaveSauce

actually, what's worse is when you think of someone cool, and the next day you see the revolutionary new idea on TV....but its nice to know your thinking on the level of geniuses. =0

and yea, folding is a great method. I just wish I knew when I built this comp that I could set toast to low priority, so I could still use my computer and have it operating at full load...hehe....

rippedsocks

to burn in a hold a lighter to my heatsink and turn it on.... then i turn my computer on while the HSF is already hot... it cool the smell it makes.... also if you fell youve got the skill remove the soket off and solder every point to a 3 inch piece of wire... then u dont even need a hsf and u can just hold a lighter to your core..... works for me im at 1million ghz x 3 to the third power

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
ReTiCuLeX said:
I played alot of games to burn in as sisoft and prime didn't work to well as they would error or reboot my pc.

in order for it to be totally stable, it should run any program you throw at it...ie. prime95 or sandra are a good guideline for absolute stability

Evc

Registered
ReT, I noticed this as well, I had to run at 1.85V to get 1800MHz+, but now I lowered it to 1.775V and it works perfectly