• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU / Case cooling tip, Easy 2-3c temp drop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WyrmMaster (Jul 13, 2001 04:47 p.m.):
The deltas rpm might increase because of the suction, but it wont hurt anything. When i was using my FOP 32 i had an 80mm fan piggiebacked ontop of my YS Tech fan. Increased RPM by about 700, and droped temps slightly. They where both blowing down on the heatsink, but same basic consept.

I would recommend not sealing the duct up tight against the 120mm. The delta pushes 38cfm at max rpm, the 120mm probably pushs between 70 and 100 cfm. If it was sealed up it would slow the 120mm down significantly.

THKS there Wyrm...i will try it...always have to try to find out new things

Seeing this post just gave me an idea, awhile back I bought this plastic+fan rig from 3dcool that blew air onto your video card and processor. Anyway, I haven't opened the case and dry fitted it yet, granddaughter is watching 102 dalmations, but holding it on the ouside it looks like with a very small mod and turning the fan around to suck instead of blow and some duct tape, the prefabbed plastic duct should sit right above the HSF. If I only didn't tell her I would take her to the zoo.....:)

Back