• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Core Temp Sensor E7500 Faulty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I have two rigs side-by-side on a work bench, an E8500 and an E7500, both with small overclockes so similar ambient temps are not the problem.

The E8500 at ambient is ~28 – 28 C while the E7500 is 38 – 29 C, the latter never changes at idle. I'm now sure one of E7500 core temp readings is faulty however it does rise in temps when in use but never goes below 38 - 29C. Is there any way to correct this or am I stuck with a faulty temp on one core? Is this a common CPU occurrence or rarely seen?

The E7500 also runs about 10 C cooler than the E8500 with the same BIOS voltage, RAMs, and stock coolers on both with same percentage of overclock on both using Orthos and I'm begining to question the E7500 maximum temp readings too. They do stabilize to the same upper temp readings using Orthos.

No matter how many fans I blow on the E7500 to experiment, side of case on or off, the idle temps never change from 38 - 29 C.

All readings are with Core Temp software.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Thats a stuck sensor, yup. You cant fix it, and its fairly common to see.

Have you tried running the sensor test with Realtemp to confirm?

burebista

Try RealTemp and do a CPU Cool Down Test and post a screenshot.
It's common to see stuck sensors on Wolfdale. :)

LE: EarthDog someday I'll kill you if you continue to beat me. :D

OP
RollingThunder

RollingThunder

Try RealTemp and do a CPU Cool Down Test and post a screenshot.
It's common to see stuck sensors on Wolfdale. :)

LE: EarthDog someday I'll kill you if you continue to beat me. :D

ED, Pitt,

Thanks a bunch. Will try your suggestions soon with a screen shot. I thought is was me...... :-/ :thup:

OP
RollingThunder

RollingThunder

Screenshot Realtemp:

Attachments

• RealTemp Screenshot.JPG
    RealTemp Screenshot.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,325

bing

Low Profile Senior
Stuck sensor is not unusual, but it seems yours is fine.

Btw, since I remember that you said you came from AMD, check this ongoing thread HERE regarding Intel cpu temp reading.

burebista

Yep, Core0 is stuck at 38C. Nothing to do, nothing to worry because is moving nicely in load. Forget it. :)

BTW, RealTemp GT? You want to be prepared for Gulftown? :D

Ha, I beat you EarthDog. This time. :p

OP
RollingThunder

RollingThunder

Bing,

Came from AMD after 4-5 years but Intel before that. I like them both, not a fanboy of either.

Pitt,

What I'll assume is that sticking at 38 C temp is probably very close to the more correct 29 C? If that's a fair assumption, then the upper temps are accurate and this E7500 runs very cool with the small overclock I'm using. If so then :thup:

Thank you both!

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Im not going to tell you I saw that post and moved on BureB...:chair: :burn: :p

+1 to BureB though... its stuck low, its accurate high where it needs to be. Hella nnoying though. I havent had an Intel CPU with a stuck sensor.....yet. ;)

OP
RollingThunder

RollingThunder

Im not going to tell you I saw that post and moved on BureB...:chair: :burn: :p

+1 to BureB though... its stuck low, its accurate high where it needs to be. Hella nnoying though. I havent had an Intel CPU with a stuck sensor.....yet. ;)

Aw c'mon ED, he caught you napping this time............ :chair:

Yep, better stuck low than high!

Last edited:

burebista

I'm watching you guys... 33mrec3.jpg
/joke.

Dave both sensors looks nice in load so forget idle temps they're useless anyhow.

ProjctVermilion

Hello all. I just decided to register here mainly to say thanks for the info in this thread, however, After looking at some of the other threads, i think i'll stay around a bit longer than this.

I had the same problems with the e7500 i just bought and installed, except my temps wont move at all. They are stuck at 36c and 52c on each core, and wont move regardless of what i do. But using the realtemp cooldown test, i got some results, not to mention my own redneck test, simply taking the side panel off and holding a candy thermometer to my heatsink, getting ~32c from that one.

theELVISCERATOR

my left core is reading higher also then right side at idle I get 41 and 32 c..then under load they both even out at 46c..so mine is stuck high it seems...I doubt load is only 5c running orthos from idle.. on my latest build using an E7500