• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU fsb vs Memory fsb on AK31A rev 3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

I just got my 1800+ back from AMD's RMA dep., and was looking to overclock her via fsb.

In the Frequency/voltage control section of the bios, there's a CPU FSB setting which I can increase(running @144 now), but the memory posts at 266 MHz! I've tried changing a few settings between the memory section and the frequency/etc, but no luck.

Anyone know what setting I'm overlooking??? :beer:

I'd like to know too, my memory will constantly post at 266. Might just be a display problem with the bios readout.

I asked the same question here several months ago. I was told that your memory is running at the same speed as your fsb, but the board doesn't show it seperately. It makes sense, though, cuz when I upped the voltage on my memory, I was able to increase my fsb a lot.

I also think it is just a display. I ran sisoft sandra and it warned me that the ram was overclocked at the same fsb as my processor.

Back