• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU idle temp [question]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clexzor

Hey there currently having issues with my cpu temp mainly idle. Basically its idling between 44-47c however load temps seem fine 66-69c. I have it oc'd to 3.2 - 1.25 vcore ran prime 95 for 2 hours never exceeded 69c anyways specs this cpu came out an gateway fx 01e its an i7 920 c0 bloomfield.

On the cooling part i have the khuler 920 it gets better temps with pumping air in rather than out.
I have arctic silver applied reseated mutiple time i have it nice and tight.
Anyways i was just wondering if anyone has encountered this before i was planing on replacing it otherwise friend told me its probably an uneven chip?

antec khuler 920
Corsair 700 gs psu
x58 Sabertooth
i7 920 3.2 1.25 vcore
12 gb vengeance ram
intel 120 gb ssd
400gb extra hdd
GTX 560 ti fpb

Use real temp, or coretemp, or HW monitor to monitor CORE temps.

We need to know the individual cores, not what your reading.

Run it for 15 minutes minimum and tell us the room temps also that your PC is in. We MUST know this info, or we can't help you.

Yes currently using coretemp also ambient is 27c.

idle coretemp- 44-45-47-48

load coretemps- 67-67-68-69 30 minutes prime95

i have fresh air being pulled in seems to work better then exhaust threw up top.

Yes, cooler air always reduces temps almost 1:1 ratio.

Temps are about where they should be. Air temps in the room also matter.

You didn't mention your room temp.

Also, when you reversed the cooler fan, did you also reverse more of the case fans to balance airflow? Or are you just leaving the case side off?

Meaning 20C room air =x temps. 30C room air means +10C temps.

You prolly got a hot chip I guess, but temps aren't bad. Try dropping voltage and test for stability. Extra voltage really heats those chips up.

Back