• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Loop Work Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sean W.

CPU Loop Work Log (pics)!

hey guys!

im starting to get all the parts i need to water cool my AMD 965. i dont have any of the actual components for the loop yet, but they are ordered and will be here soon. so for now ill show you what i do have.

the main components are going to be

- Black Ice III PRO triple Rad
-Swiftech 350 pump
-Swiftech Micro Res
- Enzotech SCW-REV.A Water block
-3/8th ID tubing

here is what i have now:

Tubing:
Tubing.jpg

Teflon Tape:
teflontape.jpg

Shrink Wrap:
Shrinkwrap.jpg

Shin etsu:
Shinetsu.jpg

30x 6/32 1 1/4" screws:
screws.jpg

Hose clamps:
hoseclamps.jpg

Last edited:
CPU Loop Work Log *FINISHED*

alright! the water block and 2 fans came in today!

Here is the Enzotech SCW-REV.A Water block

waterblock.jpg

its very heavy and feels like it is made very well, and the base of it is absolutely flat and has a mirror finish!

reflection.jpg

and here are the 2 Rosewill 120mm blue LED fans to go with the 4 I already have, so ill have 6 for a push pull on a triple rad.

fans.jpg

Last edited:
there should be a rule that a buildlog must always be active in this section so I have a fresh supply of waterblock pron

ive heard that it is a good idea to put a couple loops of Teflon tape around the threads on the barbs as an added protection against leaks.

looks good :thup:...I don't have much else to say cause I already commented on the sweet block...I've never done the whole reflection in the cooler thing, did you have to polish that or anything?

With straight-wall threads like G 1/4, the teflon tape will do you no good. The sealing area is on the o-ring, not the threads. Teflon tape works by filling the spaces in a tapered thread like NPT and won't help a bit, IMO. It might even hurt if some of it gets peeled off and gets into the loop and through the pump or rad.

alright, i wont use the teflon tape:

tubing cost $7
Teflon tape $2
heat shrink $4
Shin Etsu $10
screws $10
hose clamps $8
Water Block $55
Fans $20

so all in all, so far $116

This is all going in my HAF X

i just bought 7 of these barbs, i like em' :)

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/big14mabl3id.html
sidewindercomputers_2111_42213690

Last edited:
i plan on doing something very similar to this in the future after i upgrade my case and psu.
cant wait to see this done

Back