• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Marks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
3Dmark2003 is mainly vid card dependent. You might want to look around in the vid card section, since they often post scores there. Your score of 593 sounds quite low for a 9800 Pro.

OP
X

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

When I first put together my computer and upgaded my video card, I remember I 3Dmarked it and I got 6853 overclocked with no graphical errors. I noticed my CPU mark was 730 and now, its about 140 less than It should be. Im really confuzed. My memory, clock speeds, and everything was the same when I got 730. I updated windows and everything. Do you think if I updated chipset drivers, do you think my scores will go up?

OP
X

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

could updating bios have anything to do with it? Plus, I know what P.A.T is (Performance Acceleration Technology) but I can't find it in bios. How do I find it, for all you Asus people.

meionm

my 2.8 was getting 725 at 3.4, your should get even higher score becasue you have higher fsb and pat enabled

OP
X

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I re-benchmarked and my CPU score was 633. I updated my chipset drivers, but I still dont know why its not close to 700.... Anyways, anymore suggestions would be great, keep em coming!

gigabit

Le me tell you if you compare your scores to alot of the other systems on there you will notice that a lot of the guys with very high OC's dont even show cpu scores which is problay because they are so fast 3dmark03 cant read them right or some thing .i had a 2.6 OCed to 3.3 and i got my best score of 6903 with and now i have 3.0c OCed to 3.4 and it cant touch my old 2.6. and both of them showed cpu's score in the 6 and 700's.But I noticed that when i ran GAT and MIB on my Gigabyte IPE1000PRO that my cpu score was higher i dont remember how much but it was higher.I think at some piont if your OC is at a certain piont 3Dmark03 cant read the cpu right because if you notice like i said earlier the guys with the really high OCed cpu's show cpu testing could not be completed or something like that so im sure its a flaw with 3Dmark03 software not your 2.6

Last edited: