• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu/motherBoard problems help needed please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joshhua5

Hello, days ago i was moving some fans around trying to get some more cooling out of my fans but now i have a problem with my cpu and presure on my cpu makes no picture come up on the screen ( moniter detects nothing pluged in ) so i can't have my heatsink straps on and just the heatsink sitting there nothing holding into place it there anything that i can do so i can have my heatsink straped in with a picture on my screen even if it can't be fixed i would still like to know what is wrong ( Not monitor)

im 100% it not hardware or videocard cause i removed it all (including straps) and left in 1 ram stick to make sure i swaped the stick after my test and it was all working fine i added every thing till only the straps were left i put them in and tada no picture

so i know the problem i have a temp fix but i need a more perm fix to this problem :eh?::-/:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Bobnova

What motherboard and heatsink?
It sounds like the heatsink strap is either touching something it ought not to, or is bending the board so that it touches something it ought not to.

OP
joshhua5

joshhua5

i don't know the motherboard i gained the computer when my father and it's a stock copper heatsink i know it's intel 1 core 2 thread 2.8 ghz

OP
joshhua5

joshhua5

ok so i have
HP Compaq d530 Small Form Factor Desktop PC
i have changed the cast bought some fans and a 400W PSU
Ati Radion 3650 HD AGP 512mb videocard and have 1.5 GB of ram
Creative osundcard
everything els is stock includiung the montherboard/CPU