• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temp. 47C/Room temp. 30C sound right??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocwanabee

Registered
hI. from everything I hear the asus probe readings are usually abit high,especially with a newer bios.I have the asus a7a266with1.2and a cheap fan,wasrunning the same temps then updated bios and gained 8-10 degreesI had1002b bios & updated to 1004, my hsf barely gets warm so i believe it is a faulty reading with the newer bios.with your fan &no ocing it should be lower but it is probably the probe just an opinion hope it helps

OP
Despotes

Despotes

I'm now running----26C room/CPU 41C Idle. Thank the good LORD for a.c.
I have the 1003 Bios.

outhouse

sounds a little high to me with the good cooling that you have, i would hope that the readings are wrong before i thought any different i may try and find a way to double check your temps, my first tbird1g ran way to hot out of the box but it was because Fry's sold it in a package deal that had a under powered PSU. Needless to say i took it back.

goodluck

OP
Despotes

Despotes

When I receive my new case(Addtronics6896A) I'm going to lap the heatsink, replace the VERY noisy 60mm 38cfm fan with an 80mm Sunon 42.5cfm rated fan and hope I get lower temps and rid myself of that hairdrier on my CPU!! :)