• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

padelis

i want to ask is it possible the cpu at idle run a bit hotter like 5-8c cause the temp outside is up ??
i have 6700k oc 24/7 but when i am idle at 800hz i have like 18-20c and now i have notice 25minimum... I streesed the cpu for 10 min and got 83 max i havent change thermal pase for 3 years,should i change it ?
Ihave set the fan curves in my mobo to run at minimun and when it needed they run more rpms if the sensor read hotter

I don't think it hurts to re-paste, but yes generally the higher the ambient temp in the room, the hotter the component will be. What temperature is the room that you're in? 18-20c is colder than the air in most rooms.

Could you please create a signature with your full system specs for reference when people are replying to your thread?

i want to ask is it possible the cpu at idle run a bit hotter like 5-8c cause the temp outside is up ??
i have 6700k oc 24/7 but when i am idle at 800hz i have like 18-20c and now i have notice 25minimum... I streesed the cpu for 10 min and got 83 max i havent change thermal pase for 3 years,should i change it ?
Ihave set the fan curves in my mobo to run at minimun and when it needed they run more rpms if the sensor read hotter

Don't you mean 800MHZ? If your CPU was at 800HZ you would not need a cooler at all :rofl:
Also it helps to clean the CPU cooler and check the fans, I have a PC that has 2 fans on the CPU cooler and 1 is frozen so I got fans on the way to replace them.

if u are to make fun of me plz dont respone to me at all ... cause i cleary said IDLE AT 800 !!! jesus kids

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

i will update my my stats later ty you very much

Whether at idle or under load, a your CPU temps will increase by the same amount as your ambient air temp since the cooling is being accomplished by that same air.

WhitehawkEQ was not trying to ridicule you with his 800 Hz comment. We just like to have a little fun with each other around here sometimes.

I did not mean to look like I was making fun of you, just pointing out the typo in your 1st post, I apologize for any miss understanding.

@WhitehawkEQ sry my friend i didnt get it that u were joking my bad bro ....

I have notice now its night here in greece and the temp outside is around 22c the minimun tem reading is 21-23 so case close ... i dont need to yet change thermal paste but something ichining me to change it for fun :p :p :p

@whitehawkeq sry my friend i didnt get it that u were joking my bad bro ....

I have notice now its night here in greece and the temp outside is around 22c the minimun tem reading is 21-23 so case close ... i dont need to yet change thermal paste but something ichining me to change it for fun :p :p :p

It's temping to change the paste but if it's on good, should not have to change it at all, I have a PC I built in 2010, and I have yet to change the paste. I have changed the fans though.

Depending on the nature of the paste, however, they can and do dry out. On a number of occasions in my customer base with 10 year old computers I have seen the paste dry and refreshing it really helped temps. Recently I saw this on an OEM rig that was of the Haswell generation, so only about six years old.

If the thermal paste did not spread evenly, that is another reason to repaste. Padelis, if you redo it, squeeze a small blob (smaller than a green pea) onto the CPU and don't try to spread it. Just put the cooler on and let the clamping pressure spread it for you. Of course, clean both surfaces first with some rubbing alcohol.

Back