• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temps normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheRock2442

I have a Amd 2400xp overclocked at 2.22ghz and I have a Aero 7+ fan.
Cpu
Idle: 42c
Load: 49c

Board
Idle:27c
Load:29c

I know its not the best temps but just want to know if its safe and what temps are too high.

my highest i will let my cpu go is around 45 idle..but thats just me

if u test ur cpu torture test in Prime 95 and its totally stable for at least 12 hours, then id say its safe, it doesnt matter how high it is, as long as its not past 50c on idle, then u know ur heatsink fan is just not cutting it

just test prime 95 for at least 12 hours at that speed and if it crashes, get a thermalright slk-900, 947 or sp-97, they are far superior to the wimpy aero-7+, sorry to say but ur hsf isnt that great

just try to stay below 50 idle and if ur oc isnt stable, then u can try burning in, what it basically does is it lets u hit higher oc'd settings at lower vcore (cpu volts), resulting in less heat

go here to find out how to set priority of prime 95

to burn in, all u do is lower the cpu speed as LOW as possible, like lowest fsb and lowest multiplier and have the highest voltage, then u leave prime 95 running for a day or two on the torture test that produces maximum heat, at max priority

Those temps are fine. I recently heard that AMD said that the red line for their processors are something like 70 degrees on a full load. I would trust that, but I think your temps are just fine.

I raised the voltage up .5% and the fsb up 3 points now it's at 2.29ghz and the temps are 49c idle and 55.5 load after running prime95 for about an hour. The reason I want overclock it more is because my video card sucks it's a geforce mx420 so just trying to improve game performance.

I have 15 days to return my Aero 7+ I dont have heat sink holes on my motherboard, so I was wondering if anyone knows any stores I can goto buy a better fan e.g. Slk-900.

actually the SLK-900 is a heat sink. Anyway, to tell the truth it doesn't matter what temps you're getting as long as it's stable. If his worked just fine at 80c then it works just fine. It probably won't...but that's not the point. As for a SLK-900 get them from

Xoxide
Newegg
crazy pc

and also crazy pc is having a sale on 947U, $40. not bad actually. With the 947 you can buy a cheap fan, or go for the 92mm tornado. Just make sure you make a small duct to lift the fan off the HS to get rid of the deadzone.

Back