• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Temps???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

i finally got my comp up and running just wanted to check temps by you other people who have simalar setup as me!

Ok i have ambient room temp of 22oc, case temp of 17oc, idle temp of 41oc and load temp of 43oc is this ok for my setup below?? or is it a bit high (im talking about load/idle temps) , i have 1 120mm stealth fan on back 1 zalman 92m fan on heatsink and 1 92mm fan in front.

Are these ok for my 3.2 p4c??

Phil

p.s. i got temps from bios of mobo and the got the comp up to load via running 3dmark03 and then booting into bios straight after

OP
PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193

ill post a screen when i get home- im at coll at moment.

sorry
then you can belive it for your self.

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
I've seen this happen before on Abit boards...The system temp reads way to low..I use a prog. called Speedfan to get my temp readings..You might give it a shot..Chances are you'll get the same system temp. as it uses the mobo sensor that the bios uses..Run 2 instances of Prime 95 torture and see what your 100% load temp is..:) You'll need to install pr 95 in separate directories, so they don't conflict.. :thup: Run the torture test..

PRIME 95 LINK

SPEEDFAN LINK

* I don't use the auto fan feature of this prog..

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
Ok i have ambient room temp of 22oc, case temp of 17oc, idle temp of 41oc and load temp of 43oc is this ok for my setup below?? or is it a bit high (im talking about load/idle temps) ,

For temp( ° ) symbol, hold down alt. key and type 0176 then let off of the alt. key..Do this on the far right number pad with, Num Lock turned on..:)

The SP-94 HS has a C/W rating of 0.14,your currently at 0.19 C/W at idle...But that could be the mobo sensors..To test your system temp, take off the side panel and blow a table fans air into the case...test for 100% load temps..The diff. between your load and idle temps seem to be inline, pretty much..But I don't know how your putting a load on the system..:)

OP
PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193

i think those previouse temps were wrong i have a idle temp of 39°c and a load temp of 49°c case temp is 28°c. (taken from sis sandra 2004) but i aint sure if the heat pipes are right way around.

I have a chenbro gaming bomb which means the 120mm fan i right next to 92mm fan on heatsink.

I have heat pipes facing towards <------ (back of case) not down left or up the only way it will fit is this way i think. I think they are wrong are they??

Phil

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
I have heat pipes facing towards <------ (back of case) not down left or up the only way it will fit is this way i think. I think they are wrong are they??

You have them in the correct orientation...As long as the loops in the HP's are not at the top....

SP94_Heatpipe_Orientation_i.gif

please don't quote my pic.:)

** Always include the ambient room temp also, when reporting your temps..;)

On the chance the system(mobo/case) temp is still reporting low, take off the side panel and blow a desk fan or simular air into the case and record full load temps..:burn:

OP
PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193

My heat pipes are like the 3*** one of left does that mean its best if you have case lying down flat? as mine if obviously a tower and stands up. My ambient room temp is 22°c. I used mobo monitor 5 and it gave me same results as sis sandra 2004 heat wise!

So once again are these naf or ok?
Phil

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
Your good on your heat pipe position..Your temps are good...Might be a little better with a better fan on the HS..These HS's need a higher pressure fan than what the Zalman can provide..A 92mm Panaflo H1A would be a better choice..It would be nice to see the case temp closer to ambient room temp also..Did you ever take temp readings with the side panel off and a desk fan blowing in?

OP
PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193

no sorry as i am at coll at the mo so i will when i i get home! Ill post results.

aren't 92mm Panaflo H1A have low cmf's and or are these noisy ones that are high power??

Phil

mtb856

I would go for the 92mm Delta HHE, from my experience 80mm fan's that are high power are also high-noise... and it's not just noise, it's whiny high pitched noise. :p ick.

The HHE isn't very loud (43dB) and it puts out 72 cfm... compare that to the 80mm Tornado and you'll see why I like it. More importantly, it's 38mm thick... meaning that it's a high pressure( med. rpm) fan and is able to cool the HS all the way to the base. Low pressure fans ( usually 25mm thick and/or low rpm ) just cool the top of the fins and aren't able to penetrate the fins all the way to the base due to . Look at my temps and arch's temps... we both use the same fan. :) Good luck on your cooling.

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
We have diminished their stock..hehe..:burn::) no mas!

It's getting tough...No Panaflo 92mm U1A's or U1BO's..:cry:
Now the HHE Delta's are gone..
I think I'll take a month off.:rolleyes:

mtb856

I'll see if I can mail them and get some faster restocking... and ask if you and I can be their "unofficial" spokespeople :D Maybe that can be my rank when I get enough stars... the unofficial Delta HHE spokesman :D

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
This is the reason, I hurried up and bought mine...I also don't like to recommend things I haven't used...But I had a reliable review on the Delta HHE, IMO..:)

I'll see if I can mail them and get some faster restocking...

Delta or Sidewinder??

OP
PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193

i was after a 92mm one but i couldn't find one :(

thats for that bit on the thickness (as they saying goes you learn summit new everyday) lo l

cheers ill post back if i find one

Phil