• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu upgrade help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rob k

I have to upgrade my CPU and memory to play Black Ops II. can you help. here is my System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/16/2012, 16:08:02
Machine name: ROB-PC
Operating System: Windows 8 xTreme™ 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 425 Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3200MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3200MB RAM
Page File: 1974MB used, 4422MB available
Windows Dir: E:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
can you help please

You seems to have a pretty old system. Upgrading Cpu/memory and motherboard could be a much better investment.

Whats your GPU ?

You can find it in device manager.

amd_780g___hybrid_crossfire_device_manager.png

Sorry to say this but your system is sort of slow. I think that your GPU may be able to handle BlackOps2 at a certain level a detail but upgrading your GPU too can help alot. Even a ~100$ nvidia 550TI can outperform your GTS250 while pumping less power and generating less heat too.

Your CPU and GPU are supposed to be able to run BalckOps2, but at minimum. Not far from lowest possible detail.

If you want to enjoy the game at least a little bit, ( it also depand on your screen resolution ? ) your better to upgrade both CPU/MOBO/RAM and GPU. Your GPU being the first thing to upgarde if your too short in money. An Athlon X3 is still capable of running the game correctly, even more if OCed a bit with good cooling.

looks like i will have to get new card . cpu will have to whate but got another m/b its a gigabyte-ga-870a-ud3 but it got some water on it from the cooler that i had 8 months ago . thanks for your input

Last edited:
http://digitalbattle.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-system-requirements/

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 system requirements (minimum)
•CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core Intel or AMD CPU, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom X2 series
•RAM: 2GB of system memory
•Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible card with 512 MB RAM or more. Nvidia 7-series or AMD Radeon 3000 series GFX cards. Or the new Intel HD-4000 integrated graphics processor.
•Operating system: Windows Vista 32 bit
•DirectX compatible sound card
•8 GB of hard drive space

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 system requirements (recommended)
•CPU: 2.4 GHz quad core Intel or AMD processor, Core i5 or Phenom X4 or equivalent
•RAM: 2GB, or 4GB if you’re running 64-bit OS
•Graphics: DirectX 10 or DX11 compatible card with 1GB of video memory, Nvidia 400-series or AMD 5000-series or better.
•Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
•DirectX compatible sound card
•8 GB of hard drive space

display mdm-eg6d.
resolution-128x1024.
orientation- landscape.

Your screen model ? This is the resolution your using but it may not the the optimal resolution for your screen. Try to find the model in the front or in the back of the screen.

You still use a CRT screen or its an LCD ?

is my system fine for playing game if so would the problem be that the game is broken got it of skidrow (to wingman99)

Your system is fin to run the game on minimum detail or with a few candy enabled but thats all for the setup you have. I already told it ...

Now, Your screen model plz ?

is my system fine for playing game if so would the problem be that the game is broken got it of skidrow (to wingman99)

You should be able to play the game with your specifications, so it sounds like it's your game.

Google is going nut ... gave me nothing with mdm-eg6d or just eg6d but point direct at sony.com with sdm/e96d on search bar, to a link named SDM-E96D .... well google, i just got you in fault ! :)

enough joking ...

Your gaming on a low resolution so it can help your GPU/CPU to handle it. At that res, a 550TI wont be a big improvement, only ~20% better. A 650TI could be a very good choice. Its a power efficient card that can suit your need at that resolution.

Then comes the CPU that may need to be changed too. Like i told, if you want to enjoy good detail and eye candy, both need to be upgraded. You can also try to OC your X3 wich can help. There are tons of CPU overclocking tutorial on the web ( and on this forum ). Clocking this little buy to ~3.5ghz could help to feed a 650TI decently.

** You can play blackops2 with the system you have but on very low detail **

Back