• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crap.. comp won't boot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

i have a 2200+ and it was running fine @ 13.5x137fsb someone from the fourm told me to move the mutiplyer down to 12x137 and now my comp won't boot... it won't even go to the bios!!! it turns on.. fans run fine.. monitors displays nothing..

xp2200+(regular heatsink and fan)
msi kt4 ultra (via kt400)
256mb pc 2700 crucial
300w ps
40gb maxtor hdd
lite on 16-12-40
PNY gf4 4200 (500mhz)
compusa ethernet card

HELP ME!!!!!

Your board may not have unlocked it. In that case, it wont boot because of the change in mult.
Fixing it should be really easy (if thats the case)
Just clear the CMOS
It should set it back to failsafe defaults.

Not change CMOS, clear CMOS. Look in the motherboard manual. There should be a jumper on teh motherboard for clearing cmos.

yay it boots up now :) is there anyway for me to change the mutiplyer without unlocking the cpu physically?

There is no way to change multies unless you connect the first (from the RIGHT) L3 bridge, you gotta either do a horse shoe shape around the pit, or fill the pit with something unconductive, and connect the 2 dots with conductive material such as Rear window defogger repair kit.

AHHHHHHHHHHH... i don't want to void the warranty... so i guess i will just go with 13.5*166..(with ax7)

I'm sorry, but I have hard time to believe that an XP2200+ will do 2240MHz, I would guesstimate a maximum on good air cooling, unless you watercool and go heavy on the vcore, I don't think you'll be able to hit 13.5x166, sorry

Back