• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crappy T-Bred A how to get the most?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok I have had to replace my T-bred B 1800 dlt3c (god rest his soul) with a dlt3c AIRGA 1700+. This thing sucks. I can get 150 fsb but I have to keep the multi at 11.5, 12 doesnt work on any fsb and 12.5 even at 1.8 vcore still wont do 150 fsb.

I wanted to ask if any people on here had experience with these chips how to get the best from them? Is it worth unlocking higher multis or will this just limit me to stupid low FSBs? Also Im new to DDR so I have no clue what settings I need to be using. I assumed setting it to cas 3 would help but the other 5 or 6 settings are foreign to me. As well as AGP and RAM voltage settings, I never had the option for them before so what should I be aiming for to get the FSB nice and stable at a decent multi? Sorry for the long post its just that it was all much simpler when all I could do was change FSB, vcore and multi.

Last edited:
i got a t'bred a 1700 too, highest i got it was 1900mhz, i got it at 200*9 at stock voltage right now but i have ddr400 memory.

Bummer. Sorry man, cool it and give it voltage. There's not much you can do with it.

Maybe you can tell us how you killed your 1800.

Ok but its not much of a story. You might learn from it though. I basically went to cut the last 2 L3s which should have set the multi to 15 but i nicked the 3rd as well, which gives 17. I wasnt happy so I scraped away all the plastic covering to get a look at the bridges themselves. This managed to somehow magic the multi to 19x and after some failed attempts to reconnect them even better it ended up at 24x. So the moral is to either use the wire in socket trick or just never scrape off the packaging or cut wide of the bridge you want. Then to add to the fun I forgot to plug the HSF in twice in a row which seems not have actually killed it, just mashed part of windows. The chip still works, but I have to use 24x 90 fsb which wont happen unless you have fsb jumpers on your board and noone ever does that now, so i went to my local shop who confirmed the 1700s had dlt3c written on them, returned my infinion cl2 ram and bought this cpu to use with my crucial cl2.5 ram. AH WELL NEVER MIND IM NOT BOTHERED.

Update is I got it to 1879mhz (12.5x150) but it took 1.85 vcore which is ridiculous, my 1800 'B' needed 1.75 to do 2200. Shocker really that there is that much difference between them.

*edit* sorry that wasnt stable so you can make that 2volts :eek: :mad:

Last edited:
Back