• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crappy vice city problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

heya guys, just wondering if you can help me figure out how to fix my problem.

what it comes down to is that my saved game won't load up. it starts to load, the pink bar goes all across the bottom of the screen, the 'please loading' in purple flashes on the screen for a second, and then the screen just stays black and the cdrom spools down and goes almost silent. i cleaned the cd to no avail, and i even reinstalled the game, still it won't work. i can start a new game just fine, but that doesn't get me my saved game.

i REALLLLLLY don't feel like playing back up to the point i'm at now...there are a few choice missions i don't feel like sweating through again, like the RC copter mission and the sniping mission for auntie poulet. overall, i own a lot of property around town and i'm really starting to get into it and i DON'T feel like starting over again.

any suggestion? please?

jeff

OP
Jeff Bolton

Jeff Bolton

meh, problem solved!

turned on the frame limiter on a hunch, game loaded, went to another part of town, saved it there, and now it loads without the limiter on again (looks like crap with the limiter on).

solved myself...thread can be deleted mods :D

jeff

OP
Jeff Bolton

Jeff Bolton

i checked the rockstar site and i couldn't find a patch, cause thats the first thing i tried :D

i'll go look around, but if someone would post a link that'd rock.

TIA

jeff