• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crashes, maybe overheating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dpg3456

Hello all,

My computer randomly shut down and I wasnt to sure why. Whocrashed has some files but they werent for today. I will post a picture.

Can anyone explain what this means?

Screenshot (38).png

So today, it was supposed to be running but when i went to it, it was off. I tried pressing power button and it began booting but then the power cut out. Then it decided to boot and i open HWinfo and saw the socket was at 55 and cores were at 80. This is why i think it was overheating. Any input?

If the cores are running that hot that is probably the answer to your instability. The mini dump descriptions are CPU/memory errors I think which could easily be caused by thermal issues.

Something is not right with your cooling. I hope that H115 is giving up the ghost. It was giving you good temps end of last week wasn't it? I hope the pump hasn't gone bad.

Yeah I am thinking it was overheating too.

No its fine. I have all but two fans connected to a fan controller and I left them all off. I didn't think it would get that hot idle but apparently it did.... That was my fault. From now on, I will at least have the rad fans on min. When the fans are on the temps are great.

Whoops, I meant to say, "I hope the H115 isn't giving up the ghost."

Glad you got it figured out.

Back