• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crashing games and bsods troubleshooting sos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I think I really need somebody smarter than I am on this. I've had all kinds of gremlins on my latest build and swapped out lots of parts with mixed success. Right now I'm getting random freezes and crashing in graphically intensive games. Specifically arkham city and max payne 3. When I first put this rig together I figured out by trial and error I had bad ram. I switched that out with an identical set from the egg and ran memtest for 13 hours when I was at work with no errors as well as prime95 with maximum ram and passed that for a couple hours. Cpu and ram are good to go as far as I can tell. Games kept having issues with my new asus gtx 670 top. Turning down the oc on it helped a lot but I ended up RMA'ing it and changing out for a base model with stock clocks. Still problems but not as much. I was trying to oc my cpu shortly after I got the new card because I thought I was good to go but got instability in games so I went back to stock clocks and reinstalled windows. Still the same crap. I've always wanted a bigger ssd with more space so I ordered a new one with the added benefit of ruling out a defective vertex 3. I still have freezing games. My ax850w power supply started making buzzing noises a while back but I've read in several places that this is common with these units and they don't all do it but if it annoys you corsair will give you a new one. I should have a new ax850 supply by tomorrow afternoon. If that doesn't do it I don't know what will. I just got off the phone with newegg and they're willing to let me swap the motherboard but I'd rather not. It's a pain in the A and I feel bad about it if there's nothing wrong with it. What else can I try? I have the latest bios in my motherboard, all my drivers are the latest, all my temps are good under load, all my fans are spinning, and I pass all stability tests. In my mind it's got to be an intermittent problem with the power supply (voltages are stable when I check under load) or gremlins in the motherboard. What else can I try? This is the rig in my sig and windows 7 64 bit with nothing overclocked.

Here's the app crash view report from today. I don't have much info yet because I just reinstalled last night but if it happens again I'll post more.

2lan36.jpg
[/IMG]

Another one. Swapped out the power supply last night. Not sure what's up. I doubt I got 2 bad video cards in a row and I'd be surprised if I ruined my cpu by overclocking it for a few days to 4400mhz. Guess that leaves either the motherboard or crappy drivers but I don't remember nvidia drivers being so bad that they crash EVERY TIME. Oh well. Motherboard it is I guess unless somebody else has a bright idea but so far so good with that lol.
if5suf.jpg
[/IMG]

Back