• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crayon Physics: Pay what you want.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandam00nium

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but the developers of Crayon Physics have a deal similar to World of Goo sometime last year where you're able to pay whatever you'd like for the game.

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

If you plan on donating for the game, please remember that there is a paypal fee for money transfers. So sending them 1 cent won't do any good for the developers unless you really don't care to support them and just want a free game.

Deal was taken from Slickdeals.

Doesn't paypal deduct $5? If they do, anything less than $5.01 is pretty much useless. Either way, I played the online flash version and liked it. Anyone who went through with this - do you get a code or account or something similar in case you need to re-install it?

Doesn't paypal deduct $5? If they do, anything less than $5.01 is pretty much useless. Either way, I played the online flash version and liked it. Anyone who went through with this - do you get a code or account or something similar in case you need to re-install it?

I think it's 30 cents + 2.9% of the transfer value.

If the fee is passed to you, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. For example, if you are sent $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=11927&isSrch=Yes

I paid 2.50. Maybe I can get my wife to play the game.

I really dig these pay what you want deals. If more games were offered like this, I think there would be a lot less pirating going on.

I paid 2.50. Maybe I can get my wife to play the game.

I really dig these pay what you want deals. If more games were offered like this, I think there would be a lot less pirating going on.

And a lot less money to be made.

Say 1 person bought call of duty mw2 at $60 and others paid $2.50 each, it would take 24 people to make up the cost of 1 person and 23 pirating it.

I think gaming companies will tell you they will take the gamble.

Just bought it for a penny, sweet. Since it was a donation I believe paypal does not take any money from fees.

That's a good point.

And a lot less money to be made.

Say 1 person bought call of duty mw2 at $60 and others paid $2.50 each, it would take 24 people to make up the cost of 1 person and 23 pirating it.

I think gaming companies will tell you they will take the gamble.

Yeah something like this will obviously make less money, but a big sale like what steam had during the holidays where it was around 50% off and lots of advertising, mostly word of mouth, can even things out or even make more than the MSRP.

Over a year ago didn't L4D sales rise above 1000% when they had a big sale on the game? Just goes to show that lower prices will result in better sales/revenue and game prices are too high.

One of the reasons why I'll never buy a 360 or PS3. I'm not paying $60 for a game. Never.

Back