• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy speed!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

wow i was downloading a file from kazaa and for some strange reason i got over 400k/s on 512 ADSL im not joking i thought hmm this cant be right but it was the file wich was about 250Mb finished in about 8mins and it isnt corrupt or anything! I was so amazed i took a few screenies wich ill post later. Anyone have an explanation to this?:cool:

Last edited:

You may have had a partial file in temp. Had you tried to download the same file before.
Is the file actually 250 MBs in properties.

OP
Chris

Chris

yeah its 250Mb in properties and no i hadnt tried to download it before it wasnt in temp or anything like that.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
most downloading programs though show in KB per second...is that what it was showing or was it showing kb? if it was kb, then that was about what you should get connecting to someone who has the bandwidth...if not, then i can't really tell you unless your ISP has upgraded their lines and not slowed you down to 512k and is really giving you like 1Mb

OP
Chris

Chris

im talking 400kb/s here normally i manage to squeeze 60k/s out of this line but this was amazing i dont know what went on but its back to normal now :eek: anyway heres the screenies for anyone whos interested (i had to blur certain things out for obvious reasons)
wow.jpg

wow2.jpg

chris_4130 said:
250Mb finished in about 8mins and it isnt corrupt or anything!

If thats 250 megabytes then it appears to be 16 times your available bandwidth. Not realistic. But if it is megabits then maybe.

OP
Chris

Chris

Yeah it was 250megabytes, the only thing i can think of is that something might of gone dodgy on the ISP's side of things for a bit there but its still a bit weird, i think this can be left now :cool: