• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CREATE a Partition? XP PRO please vote soon>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I am reinstalling my windows xp pro on a 100gig IBM deskstar hardrive. I am at the point where it asks if you want to A> set up xp, B> create a partition, (is how big plz, I thought 30gigs) and the final choice is C> delete the partition, < note, this is not needed......
so of the two options, since I have had problems with two 60gig hardrives (Maxtors) and the ntf something file system, should I go ahead and partition it and save all my operating system stuff in that partition...... please let me know, as I am sitting here on a laptop waiting for the answers.....LOL< and thank you for the opinions.

system specs>
P4PE 2.53
1024 samsung 2100 mem
100gig IBM 7200rpm
CLabs Audigy 2 Platinum w/insprie 5700< secret, shh< IT KICKS!
Toshiba DVD CDRW
Generic CD player
Radeon 9700 128mb vid best there is for now.

ronin1967

Did you want to have a single 100GIG partition(probably NTFS file format) for your OS and everything else or did you want to create mutilple partitons on the dirve and setup the OS on one partiton and use other partitions for other stuff(files, other OS's, etc...)?

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

yes, I was thinking of the os in one partiton, and, since games sometimes ruin the files that are around them, I thought of the games in another partition. This is easy to do, right, I dont need a degree in puters to do it....I hope.... I have had some bad experiences lately on hardrives..... thank you for your answer so fast.