• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative modem not working w/creative drivers but with windows drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I have a Creative modem blaster 56k PCI modem. With the Creative drivers off the CD it came with it freezes the computer for a while when it tries to dail, and doesn't even end up dailing. But with the default windows drivers (Generic 56K data fax modem) it dails up and works fine. Should I be concerned? You would think the companies own drivers would work better than windows drivers. This is with Win XP.

palee72

Older Modem Blaster?

Is this an older card? If you are trying to use the drivers off the CD, it may not work because Modem Blaster 56k V.90 PCI was relesed before XP was around.

Does the manual/box say it comes with XP drivers? Is it a newer V.92 modem? If so, it should be XP compliant, then again... it is a creative product, and they are known to be a bit flakey with drivers..

My advice... go to the creative web site and D/L the newest drivers for XP and give them a try..

I had an older Blaster.. thing was a beast to install in 98.....but it died due to power surge.....It was a pretty quick card tho... always had good connection speed with it..