• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative says no to NV28 and NV 18, and so should you :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree but Creative hasn't always been the kings of logic . They market a 9700 Pro in Asia but refuse to do so in he U.S. and Europe . They incidentally give some very silly reasons for the decision .

A person new to the vcard scene may well say ........... look Creative Europe and U.S. have said no to the 9700 pro hat means I shouldn't get any cards based on it ;) .

Anyway as I have said time and time again the NV28 and 18 oferings are a gimmick to fool ppl who don't yet know any better . Add some deliberately misleading naming and Nvidia has some good ( bordering on dishonest ) holiday sales . For thos of us who know better we also should see that they aren't likely to be cheap enough compared to the 4x Nvidia parts and can't compete with the 9500 pro .

someone who wants to get a new card now and the NV28 is out, I don't see why they shouldn't pick it over the NV25. Unless of course they charge more money for a 8X card.. then of course get the NV25. The whole AGP thing has never been a big producer in performance.. Just looks nice on Paper.. Maybe with a R300 II or NV30.. then maybe you'd see 5-10% if even that much.

Back