• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crimson Software auto detect update ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Hey guys, I clearly recall that I disable the " auto detect update " during the installation.
Currently now Im on 16.3.1 BETA driver.
AMD has recently released a latest 16.3.2 WHQL driver.
Now my Radeon Settings / Crimson Software is detecting it and it's notifying me there's a latest driver out for updating.
Is there a way to disable it ?? Because I remember I disabled it / un-check this option during the installation and it's still " on "

Is it happening for any of you guys as well ?? I wonder is it that it only disables auto download and install for latest driver. But not notification....
It be real stupid if AMD does that....because each time I turn on my PC I will see the blob telling me there's a new driver out for update....

It pops for me aswell, But its happening only once when i turn on my PC, So its not annoying, My problem is that it does not update when i press the update button .-.

It pops for me aswell, But its happening only once when i turn on my PC, So its not annoying, My problem is that it does not update when i press the update button .-.

Seems like it acts differently for everyone. Mine only crashes if I ever did open up the Radeon Settings software / UI.
As of recent, I tried opening and closing it couple times it didn't...it's totally random.

But really thankfully it's not so buggy / broken till the point that I can't play games or causing me some serious problems.
I just felt uncomfortable that's something in my PC isn't working properly.

I won't advice to update the Driver via the Radeon Settings. It's better to download it manually and do a clean uninstall and re-install.
Though I never use the update via the Radeon Settings before so Im not sure is it working for me or not...

EDIT : Oops, I made a mistake for this reply, I thought this Topic is about the Application Host Has Stopped Working.
About the Auto Detect I think it was bugged in 16.3.1 BETA Driver. After updating to 16.3.2 WHQL, it no longer Auto Detect but now Im on 16.4.1 BETA.

Last edited:
Seems like it acts differently for everyone. Mine only crashes if I ever did open up the Radeon Settings software / UI.
As of recent, I tried opening and closing it couple times it didn't...it's totally random.

But really thankfully it's not so buggy / broken till the point that I can't play games or causing me some serious problems.
I just felt uncomfortable that's something in my PC isn't working properly.

I won't advice to update the Driver via the Radeon Settings. It's better to download it manually and do a clean uninstall and re-install.
Though I never use the update via the Radeon Settings before so Im not sure is it working for me or not...

Ok thanks! C: , Atleast my crossfire setup is working fine so im happy, btw you can check it in my profile :)

So how is it going with your drivers? Tried reinstalling it? If you did and it didnt work maybe try again?

Back