• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfire semi-mixing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renol

Say I get 1 ati 5770 xfx and 1 ati 5770 sapphire, can I still crossfire them? LOL I know I'm going to get laughed at for this but ah hell lol. I read you can mix just wondering if they had to be same brand.

Chixofnix

Say I get 1 ati 5770 xfx and 1 ati 5770 sapphire, can I still crossfire them? LOL I know I'm going to get laughed at for this but ah hell lol. I read you can mix just wondering if they had to be same brand.

Well since the thread is already here, I have the same question lurking in the back of my head, so don't feel silly for asking :)

When SLI/crossfire were a new thing, I do recall that it was nearly imperative to try and get identical make/model pairs of cards to ensure everything would work. Not sure if that's still the status quo today though.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member

Brand makes no difference.... you can crossfire them...