• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial 2700, Corsair 2700, Kingmax 2700 or what else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryker2k

Registered
Hi,
I'd like to have a ra which is good to overclock.
it should go very high fsb...
the price is not so interesting.
Styker

Sorry for suckin english im german

You will probably get a zillion diferent answers here, I will try to be indefferent:rolleyes: First of all Crucial 2700 is not out yet so if you need ram NOW, this is not an option. If it were, this is what I would have and what I would recommend! Some people love Kingmax, some don't. I have heard that some of their chips are 5ns and some are 7.5ns, don't know how much truth there is to this so take it with a grain of salt. The Kingmax is also CAS 2.5. The new Corsair (That is what I use), the XMS series, I think uses 6ns chips but the ram is CAS 2. I got the Corsair because it came in 512 sticks. I could not find Kingmax in 512. I have to say I am very happy with this ram.

I have two 512mb Corsair PC2700. According to Corsair, they use 6ns Samsung chips and highest I have gotten out of them is 184fsb with the fastest settings.

QSW said:
I have two 512mb Corsair PC2700. According to Corsair, they use 6ns Samsung chips and highest I have gotten out of them is 184fsb with the fastest settings.
Man that's high FSB:beer: What MoBo are you using?

How about Kingmax400?

The Corsair was tested on a Epox 4BDA2+. THis mobo has the 4/3 (DDR266) option. So 138fsb * 4/3 = 184mhz. I love this board, I can fix the AGP and PCI at 66/33 while pushing the CPU and ram to higher speeds.

Well ...

I saw some ppl @ icrontic with 200+ FSB settings ...

Samsung PC2700 256Mb should r0><0r all other DDR sticks ...

I'll see when I get it aswell ;)

help!

I have the MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU and currently run at 142FSB pretty well with RAM set to HLK and CAS set to 2...

Would changing my voltage settings from auto to specific, increased values help me get up into at least the 166's (so that maybe I can get the performance out of my RAM that I paid for)?

this ddr333 ****es me off, anyone think its possible for the board makes to do something with a bios fix to get the RAM Bus speeds to run asynchronously (166*2 ram-->northbridge and 133*2 for the CPU-->northbridge). Otherwise why did I pay for 333 RAM!

My sys:
MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU
Athlon 2000+ (1.67Ghz) OC'd 2200+ (1.78Ghz)
CORSAIR 2700 ddr333 CAS 2 RAM (the XMS stuff)
dual maxtor 60gig, ata133 on RAID 0
maxtor 80 gig, ata100
gf2 ultra 64mb
WINTV
DVD and CDRW

i dont know what ram i should buy.
the kingmax 333 pc2700
or the samsung?
what is the better oneß
Stryker

Back