• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial pc2100 is sweet :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxicrain

Just put in 2 old sticks of 256mb crucial pc2100 I picked up for 25$ each from a friend a while back, since my hyper x was having stability problems (random rebooting, no matter what fsb and timings). Im currently pc2100 at 192mhz 2.5-3-2-6 2.84v dc ddr, everything is stable including prime :)

I think the memory can go higher, but my board is holding me back. It's an old rev 8rda non +. I can boot into windows at 200fsb and run ut2003 benchmarks stable, along with 3dMark, but prime fails instantly saying "possible hardware failure". Can this be the board going too high, or the memory?

Just wanted to let you guys know my results with this cheap ram :D

malon

I had 2 sticks of crucial 2100 before my corsair and the highest they could do was 175 fsb with cas2.5... I have seen people getting 200+ fsb.. very good ram! :)

eh?

i remeber back when before all this ddr 2100+ came out, every one was using crucial ddr 2100 and still pushing close to 200 fsb. Crucial is very good ram.

OP
T

toxicrain

Well I booted into Windows at 210 mhz 2.5-3-3-11, but I get severe artifacts in ut2003 benchmark (and in all 3d apps I would assume), followed by the sound of a error box, then a hard lock. What does this sound like, insufficient vdd voltage, or memory? Sandra bandwidth benchmark passed, and gives me 3225/2991 at these frequencies. Prime still gives me the same error "Possible hardware failure".

Zerileous

wow, ill keep that in mind, never would have thought stock crucial could oust hyperx

OP
T

toxicrain

-=TriX-R4-KidS= said:
nice oc : )

look at my sig. i have gotten my ram as fast as DDR434 : O

-TriX

Nice, where did you get that ram and for how much? Do you know what type of chips it uses? I think I just might try to run these crucial puppies in async to see if it's the board limiting me, or just the ram :)

-=TriX-R4-KidS=

toxicrain said:

Nice, where did you get that ram and for how much? Do you know what type of chips it uses? I think I just might try to run these crucial puppies in async to see if it's the board limiting me, or just the ram :)

nope they came w/ an old system i bought. no type of label on the DIMM's except DDR266.

i have been meaning to take the dimms out and look for any identification on the actual chips. but the computer has been busy. later on this evening i may have some downtime to check the chips.

-TriX