• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial SSD and Storage Executive software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I had many Crucial SSD and I tested probably all their SSD series but somehow I missed the fact there is a Storage Executive software available on their website.

Today I installed mentioned software on my laptop and except diagnostic and firmware update, there is also similar caching option as we could find on Samsung SSD - Momentum Cache.

I thought it can be interesting for Crucial SSD users so I made this thread.

Here is result on 500GB MX200 M.2 SATA SSD which without cache is reaching about 565MB/s max.

mx200.jpg

mx2002.jpg

Last edited:

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
OOH I didn't know they had that either, I have a couple of Mx100 drives. Thanks Woomack.

Mpegger

Not sure if it'll install with a MX100 :(, but definitely a nice find. Finally, a smart cache for SSDs that dynamically allocates and uses ram instead of using a fixed sized ram cache.

Downside is that it defers writes to a later time, so a random crash/lock-up/power loss could result in lost data or corruption.

OP
W

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Yes and no. I'm not sure how it works but some caching technologies are protecting data so file isn't replaced till all data is copied from cache. Some technologies are making copy of often used files and move it to cache.
On my laptop there was info that cache will be enabled and is safe because it found battery in my computer. How much safe, I don't know.