• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I have 2 gigs of ram and only 435mb of vista proccesses, I over ram if crysis is set to high with aa or very high no aa. Is that normal? How much ram does crysis use? will a flash drive set for ready bost help or will it be to slow?

Wow....had a hard time understanding what you said.

I don't think a flash drive is going to help you since it doesn't offload memory usage onto it.

It is probably video memory more than anything.

I doubt Crysis is eating up 4gb of ram since I only have 2gb of ram and I never run out. Vista readyboost doesn't help much if you have 4gb of ram. It's really only for computers with 512mb or 1gb of ram.

It's your Video RAM that's the problem, not system RAM.

2GB should be fine.

It says it is all used because that is the way that Vista works. It will try to load everything to ram and keep your total ram capacity full. If it is not used by Crysis then Vista will find something else to put there. Vista is designed that way vs XP which would leave close to half your ram capacity free and then start using the page file. Don't wory about it and just play the game. Besides, since you are using a 32bit o/s you will really only use about 3.2 gig of the 4 gig anyway. To tell you the truth, I have played Crysis on my system with both 2 and 4 gig and couldn't tell the difference.

Last edited:
Well if its not the ram then why is crysis crashing when I play it? is there a way to repair it? Is there a way to make it so I don't need a disk to play it? Are my settings just to high for my system? what upgraid would help me most in crysis? I have lots of questions!

Well if you use High settings with Vista with AA and resolution of 1680x1050 it will over budget video ram on the card. Really AA and Crysis is a no go unless you have a 8800GTX/Ultra or running 1280x720 or lower in res.

If Crysis is crashing, then its something else. Could be video drivers, could be just a bad install.

My Crysis can use 1.2-1.5Gigs of ram over the course of a gaming season.

I tryed to install new drivers for my gts but it said they werent vista 32 bit but I down loaded the vista 32bit drivers. Do I have to uninstall my drivers then install them or if I install them will they be overwrited?

You want to uninstall, boot into safe mode, run driver cleaner, then reinstall the new drivers.

Driver cleaner didn't work in vista last time I tried. Is there one that does, linky?

I dunno, you can always not use driver cleaner.

I went and manually deleted the old nvidia folder and my new drivers are working fine.

is there a way to repair crysis? Is it possible to run crysis with out the disk? what upgraid would increase my crysis gaming the most.

Back