• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:CZ release confirmed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No they won't be obsolete.

CZ is not much different than CS. People will remain on their chosen sides.

RB dude post some links so we can read :)

i don't think any of the game will be effected by CZ apart from CS itself :) the lan gaming arena where i go to play have dedicated MOH and BF1942 players who come only to play those games and are not a bit intrested in CS

rb26dett said:
Begining of January =) :D

When it comes out .. MOH & BF will be absolete.

i disagree... from the screenshots it looks the same to me, as far as textures etc, excluding the skins. the vehicle thing if it is a real part of the game would be very cool. but i still think it looks like they just added a few things such as skins, some weapon, plus the singleplayer, and all else is the same. same engine, just revamped. but doesn't matter to me anyways, i'll never play that game again. plus the moron ratio with that game is 100:1 ;)

Zuck Gou :) said:
No they won't be obsolete.

CZ is not much different than CS. People will remain on their chosen sides.

He's right....

I prsonaly perfer DOD (never played BF1942 yet though), its team orantted, a SMALL penalty for geting killed, and its WW2.

Some people prefer all out unrealsitc deathmatchs, others perfer almost realsitc combat games (gost reacon etc..), others perfer CS type games, and still others like WW2 games.

I personally have never figured out what the big deal is with Half-Life, I loaded it up never got interested in it, MOH in my opinion was a very good example of the robustness of the QIII engine, UT2k3's engine is going to be home to a ton of mod's. I see these 'expansions' like CZ to be just nothing more than beating on a dead engine. I mean when was the last overhaul of the HL engine by valve ? *listens to the silence* Precisely.

It's all good for those who enjoy the series, but the end of MOH and BF ??? Come on... *groan*

J :cool:

SpeeDj said:
I personally have never figured out what the big deal is with Half-Life, I loaded it up never got interested in it, MOH in my opinion was a very good example of the robustness of the QIII engine, UT2k3's engine is going to be home to a ton of mod's. I see these 'expansions' like CZ to be just nothing more than beating on a dead engine. I mean when was the last overhaul of the HL engine by valve ? *listens to the silence* Precisely.

It's all good for those who enjoy the series, but the end of MOH and BF ??? Come on... *groan*

CZ is not an expansion, its a stand alone game .. with a brand new engine and whatnot, nothing from half-life/cs is going to be in CZ.

rb26dett said:

CZ is not an expansion, its a stand alone game .. with a brand new engine and whatnot, nothing from half-life/cs is going to be in CZ.

Hmmm, well, from the screenshots I've seen, if they didn't have those dorky shields, I wouldn't have known it was CZ, because it looks EXACTLY like CS!

Don't get me wrong, I love CS, but I'm with SpeeDj on this one.

grunjee said:

Hmmm, well, from the screenshots I've seen, if they didn't have those dorky shields, I wouldn't have known it was CZ, because it looks EXACTLY like CS!

Don't get me wrong, I love CS, but I'm with SpeeDj on this one.

those pics are from the early days, its past around 8 months since then ... the final product will kick ***, im pretty sure.

rb26dett said:

They even state on their site that all it is is a slightly modified Half life engine. Let me go find that info, yeah it's a stand alone expansion, just like Return to castle wolfenstein was or for that matter Medal of Honor.

/me goes to find that info
| Edit taken straight from their site;
Powered by an enhanced Half-Life engine, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero introduces new game technologies including highly-detailed models; atmospheric enhancements, such as snow and rain; and more dynamic special effects -- taking the #1 online action game into new territory.

Condition Zero also introduces never-before-seen elements to the game series. New, sharper character models and locale-specific skins enable detailed squad customization options -- over 160 character combinations in all. An arsenal of new advanced weaponry and equipment is available to teams, including upgraded firepower, bulletproof riot shields and more.
| http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/

Last edited:
Stright from the horses mouth: http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/overview.html
Powered by an enhanced Half-Life engine, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero introduces new game technologies including highly-detailed models; atmospheric enhancements, such as snow and rain; and more dynamic special effects -- taking the #1 online action game into new territory.

So basically you are getting 500(was 750 and will be 12**) more polygons, you get snow and rain, and if you hit a tree, then bark flys off. So basically its the same old thing except a few minor changes. Also the CS and CZ multiplayer games will be exactly the same, so don't expect anything new. Except for the shield, rocket launcher <-??, and two new player models.

EDIT: I see the speedy man beat me :).

cack01 said:
Stright from the horses mouth: http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/overview.html

So basically you are getting 500(was 750 and will be 12**) more polygons, you get snow and rain, and if you hit a tree, then bark flys off. So basically its the same old thing except a few minor changes. Also the CS and CZ multiplayer games will be exactly the same, so don't expect anything new. Except for the shield, rocket launcher <-??, and two new player models.
Heh, you must have been copying and pasting as I was updating :rolleyes:

J :cool: End point - same engine with a couple tweaks, not like going from a UT to a UT2k3 engine :p

One more case in point then I am done; Click here

Wasn't the HL engine just based off of the Quake 2 engine?

If so, their modified HL engine for CZ will just be a further modified Quake 2 engine, will it not?

Why not go w/ a newer engine, like the Q3 engine, or the UT engine (not the UT2k3 engine. I don't think that's for sale yet)?

Oni said:
Wasn't the HL engine just based off of the Quake 2 engine?

If so, their modified HL engine for CZ will just be a further modified Quake 2 engine, will it not?

Why not go w/ a newer engine, like the Q3 engine, or the UT engine (not the UT2k3 engine. I don't think that's for sale yet)?
Well you figure by now, the team that did CS in the first place is mighty comfortable with the engine they know oh so well, and development on it, has prolly been going on for a year, which equals a quick turn around to get their mod out there as opposed to adding a year to learn how to fully utilize an engine based off newer coding/features. Smart move to make money bad move to create a product using the best of what's out there.

Again, just my 2 cents...

Maybe the game will be just a slight improvement over CS, but it all depends on person to person if he will buy the game or not, to me hell yeah i am going to jump for my copy :D

who cares if its based on q2 engine or q3 engine? if i am getting fun out of it that's what i count :) but technically speaking you guys are right, its not going to be a huge jump as far as the graphcis are concerned but still they are going to be much much MUCH better than what we have right now :)

For those who have half-life take a look at Natural Selection.
In my opinion it raises the bar on how good mods should be.Its better then most retail games I've bought recently.I just wish it used the Ut2003 engine.

The HL engine may be old but you have to admit it's lasted well and still plays well - it's all in the gameplay folks.

Back