• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cs from Vlue shift

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phugbox

I have aquired a copy of Half-life Blue shift that of course contains opposing forces. However I want to play some CS, as it is one of my preferred games. I got v1.3 and did the install to the Opposinf forces dir because it's the only one it would let me instal in because that's the one with the Hl.exe. And I can get into the game, and I can try to connect to a CS server, but it tells me I can't connect because I'm using a different protocole than the other game. I've tried gettting al the updates that I can find but unfortunately they don't want to install because they all want to go into the Half-Life dir and there really isn't one. How can I fix my problem, I just want some CS

XprincoX

bargain hunter
well unfortunately i do believer u need the standard HL version to install CS correctly, otherwise u could just purchase the retail version of CS alone. :D

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

gah I missed the boat then, I remember when my friend bought Half-life for 20 bucks and got a 20 buk rebate, so he only paid tax, mind you I guess this was before counterstrike became obscenely popular

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

not so, due to the unprecedented popularity of Counterstrike, coupled with the release of CS v1.3 and the fact that the people who put half-life out work hand in hand with te people from CS, to put out good product, you can find Half-life on sale for 44 dollars, and I couldn't even FIND the boxed version of CS though it does exist.

so, unfortunately, a year or two ago, this was the case, old game, few knew about the advantage, and it went on sale dirt cheap, and then everyone said OMG it's amazing and they started making a profit again.

Although I'm starting to wonder, will my blueshift cd key work in conjunction with a half-life cd to get me playing CS?

but no matter, I have a friend with a disused copy of halflife, who will be giving it to me. so GLEE

XprincoX

bargain hunter
im not totally sure if all the different versions of HL will accept the same keys... but yea all u need is to install the standard version and then cs and its ALL HAPPY DAY! :D

sixth_element

Registered
Phugbox said:
not so, due to the unprecedented popularity of Counterstrike, coupled with the release of CS v1.3 and the fact that the people who put half-life out work hand in hand with te people from CS, to put out good product, you can find Half-life on sale for 44 dollars, and I couldn't even FIND the boxed version of CS though it does exist.

so, unfortunately, a year or two ago, this was the case, old game, few knew about the advantage, and it went on sale dirt cheap, and then everyone said OMG it's amazing and they started making a profit again.

Although I'm starting to wonder, will my blueshift cd key work in conjunction with a half-life cd to get me playing CS?

but no matter, I have a friend with a disused copy of halflife, who will be giving it to me. so GLEE

That's cool... If that doesn't go through the five finger discount will work if you can't shell out the extra money

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

yeah as it turns out, the blue shift cd key is recognised as a vlaid halflife cd key, so install halflife from your friends cd, buuy blueshift which is cheaper than halflife, and you're all set to play CS online

IcarusFalling

Disabled
I know you've got your problem solved already phug, but I think I'll just tack this little bit of info on to this thread.

I highly recomend that NO ONE buys the retail version of CS. Updating the retail version is a pain in the buttocks. Plus the fact that the retail version doesn't contain all the maps, due to copyright problems. And all the guns are named different, again copyright. And on top of all that, the newest update for CS retail is released (sometimes) weeks after the Mod version is updated.

Buy Half-Life, DL the CS mod. Trust me I know....

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

That is quite possibly some of the better advice I have heard. It makes alot of sense, and my thoughts ere along the same lines. And also you have to think. Why pay just as much for the retail CS as for Half-life, when if you get half-life you play CS for free, and you can update your version more easily.

Use your brain! *points vaguely at somewhere closer to his neck*

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

everywhere in where? Connecticut? how much is the retail CS?
Dangit I wish prices here were the same as the ones in US dollars but till using the Hoser Dollar.

Fear the almighty hoser dollar