• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cumine celery hsf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saimike

hi guys,

i'm getting a 1ghz or 1.1ghz cumine celery and oc'ing it as much as possible (hopefully my creative tnt2u on the agp bus will like it as i have a abit bf6 440bx mobo with only a 2/3 agp divisor).

my question is how good does the hsf have to be? as the bf6 is quite tight, my choice for a hsf basically boils down to:

1. golden orb ~$9
2. dynatron DY1206BH-610 ~$15
3. sk6 with a 13mm fan ~$30 (fan sold separately)

my bro's been telling me that the golden orb should suffice as it allowed him to oc from 566 to 850, so i shouldnt need to spend more money. nonetheless, i thot i'd check in with u guys to see if anyone has any comments about this. thanks a bundle!

funnyperson1

the 1.1Cellys run significantly hotter than the old 566 cellys and the golden orb is barely better than the intel retail heatsink....i suggest you get the Dynatron..but the SK6 may let you get a little higher...

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
Anything under a gig and a Gorb is fine. I'm using it on my PIII and it's barely keeping the chip under 60C even at stock speeds (the Glaciator that was on there is now on my Athlon, I'm getting another one from Jon shortly I hope). I'd definitely go with the SK6 as it will be more than powerful enough for the Celey 1.1 and you can rest assured that temps will not be a problem for you.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
The Orb will fit on a BF6

The SK6 will not fit with a FAN mounted. You will have to mount the fan sideways onto the heatsink.

The dynatron DY1206BH-610 will be a VERY tight fit, fan will have to be side mounted....

I would go with the SK6.
The ORB is not worth the $$$ anymore.
THE Dynatron HSF is too tigh of a fit, you may lose a DIMM socket.

I had a CL TNT2 Ultra, ran @ 100MHz with fast writes enabled without any problems.

BF6 is a great board. Good to hear your still keeping it running (proud owner myself)

OP
S

saimike

jay, the dynatron model i am looking at comes with a 15mm fan so it should top out at ~45 mm which should block at most 1 dimm. in anycase, i am prepared to loose 1 dimm slot at most -- 2x256 should be sufficient :) btw, r u saying u ran ur CL TNT2U at AGP100mhz? is that what i should expect from my card? since we have similar rigs, how's urs setup? i'm sure it'll be a useful ref for me.

i've heard from someone who used a sk6 and mounted a 13mm fan from coolermaster, so thats the router i'll take if i get it. the problem is, it'll be very expensive after s/h is considered: something like $45 i'd presume. the dynatron should come out to be $25 at worst i think. so the question is does oc'ing a celery1.1ghz req so much cooling that i need a sk6? most reviews i read abt the sk6 use the hotter amd chips as a basis for comparison.

thanks again for all your responses!

JaY_III

Senior of BX
saimike said:
jay, the dynatron model i am looking at comes with a 15mm fan so it should top out at ~45 mm which should block at most 1 dimm. in anycase, i am prepared to loose 1 dimm slot at most -- 2x256 should be sufficient :) btw, r u saying u ran ur CL TNT2U at AGP100mhz? is that what i should expect from my card? since we have similar rigs, how's urs setup? i'm sure it'll be a useful ref for me.

i've heard from someone who used a sk6 and mounted a 13mm fan from coolermaster, so thats the router i'll take if i get it. the problem is, it'll be very expensive after s/h is considered: something like $45 i'd presume. the dynatron should come out to be $25 at worst i think. so the question is does oc'ing a celery1.1ghz req so much cooling that i need a sk6? most reviews i read abt the sk6 use the hotter amd chips as a basis for comparison.

thanks again for all your responses!

Currently my CL TNT2U is a a shelf :)
have a Abit GeForce2 MX now....
2x256 of PC-133 RAM.....
900 celeron @138FSB....

Yes i am saying my TNT2U ran @ 100MHz.
But just because mine has, doesnt mean yours will as no 2 pieces of hardware are the exact same....
but I don think you have a VERY good chance at running the AGP CARD at 100MHz. nVidia cards are very friendly to out of spec speeds

Peter007

My suggestion is the MiniCopperOrb

It is important that you select the mini, or the HSF might not fit on your Slocket.

I've also looked into the T.T. Volcano 6CU/6CU+/5
However, they are TOO BIG to fit on the Slocket :(