• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current Folding Rigs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tsiriel

Registered
Hi all!

I just switched teams, and Adak asked what I have for folding rigs, so I started a seperate thread.

Mac Mini T5600 Core 2 duo, 2GB ddr2 667 ram, running smp in OSX and in Vista
HP dv1580se Pentium M 750, 1GB ddr 400 ram, running V6 console in XP Pro
P4 2.8, 2GB ddr 400 ram, running V6 console in Server 2k3
Compaq m2000 Celeron M 1.3, 768MB ddr 333, running V6 console in XP Home

I'll be adding my Dell E6550 back in on SMP when my friend is done with her video editing as well.

On a side note, what are the best GPUs to run the graphics client currently?

:welcome: to T32. The new guy always stocks the fridge. :soda::beer: Looks like you have some good PPD to put to use. Pull up a seat and stick around, you may find that we generally are a very friendly group here at OCF, almost like a family of folding members.

Thanks for the Welcome! Funny you should mention stocking the fridge...just last year I worked for Pepsi as a merchandiser! :soda:

Thanks for the Welcome! Funny you should mention stocking the fridge...just last year I worked for Pepsi as a merchandiser! :soda:

Welcome to the addiction.

Now I do not have to stock the fridge anymore. YESSSSSS

We stock the products in stores. It was a fun job! Lots of exercise, and a discount on lots of Pepsi products through the warehouse...now if only I could get a discount on computers through my current job!

:welcome: Yes, I remember the case deals back in the 80s and vending machine placement that paid a dividend. Now wheres the fridge? I've been folding for since 2005 and never saw the fridge :shrug:

I see the entire group of our folder's in the 2,000 point range, are going to quickly be moving up into the 3,000 point range.

With Tsiriel leading the way!

Way2Fold! :clap: :clap:

New members make up the future of our team; of all the folding teams, and the FAH project, itself.

Strong, dedicated, long-term folders seem like the backbone and muscle of the team, but new members are our future.

You can be sure that folder's will come and go, for all kinds of reasons. Without new members, any team just begins to shrivel up.

I feel like dancing on the ceiling everytime a new folder joins us, or a returning folder comes back to the team.

Fortunately, you don't have to watch while I try this dancing maneuver! :bday: :bday:

IMHO, the only use for GPU folding is extending the life on a now nearly antique box like the P4A and Socket A. The X1950 GT AGP and X1950 Pro AGP provide a lot of bang for the buck, the Pro model pumping out 535 ppd. The GT model is reputed to clock up to Pro speeds for similar production.

Thanks again for the Welcome everyone!

IMHO, the only use for GPU folding is extending the life on a now nearly antique box like the P4A and Socket A. The X1950 GT AGP and X1950 Pro AGP provide a lot of bang for the buck, the Pro model pumping out 535 ppd. The GT model is reputed to clock up to Pro speeds for similar production.

ChasR: does that mean there's not a big point to adding a GPU, and client? I ask because I'll be adding a discrete GPU to a couple of my computers soon, and I figured i might as well pick up one's that are compatible with the F@H gpu client, but if it's not worth it, then I won't base my graphics purchase on F@H.

Thanks!

Back