• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Alumunum, Copper or Steel Heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

Bryan:
Do me a favor. Next time ur on the forums, post a message and see how many people are interested in custom cast copper heatsinks etc

I met a guy in church that does casting and has a good price

He wanted me to post this... so... here it is, how many people would be interested? Just to get an idea. I'm not offering anything, or selling anything here. I'm just passing on a request to post... my friend is currently mobile, so he couldn't post anything here. He just wants an idea of how many people might be somewhat interested. :)

I realize this isn't an offer to sell, but this might be better listed in the services section of the Classifieds.

i'm sure that myself as well as many others here would be interested in any custom copper sinks that perform well. however, just the fact that your friend would even mention a heatsink made from steel is more than a little discouraging.

He probably mentioned steel just as an example. I'm sure that gy doesn't really know what the part would be for. Anyways... be careful with custom jobs. I'm not going to say that this guy might try to rip people off, but that you may rip yourself off. Say for instance you think of a heatsink design that may be better than the one you currently use. But, with its untested profile, you may find out that your actually hampering your system because of a terrible air passage profiles or someting. Not everything works the way a person intends it to. A good design you have stored in your brain using all copper may be worse than an all aluminum heatsink.

still yet, if this fellow could cast designs that we make in auto-cad or even from models for a reasonable price, that would be cool. i could do with having some custom waterblocks done, i got a headfull of ideas and no workshop to fool with them in.

J.

If he could do any decent design in AL or CU, then it might be worth a try. The only problem is that he would be going up against some already well performing heatsinks that would probably be cheaper than he could sell his for(considering they'd be equally performing).

On the other side of the coin, this could be good for complete custom heatsinks for one-of-a-kind case mods, etc...

Back