• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Case Badges?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Make any picture you want in 3" x3" 100 pixels per inch.
Resize the actual print size to 1" x1" 300 pixels per inch..print.

Set it on something small and level, elevated above a piece of newspaper and drip epoxy on it, in 10 minutes you have a custom case badge with anything you want.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7.2 and a Lexmark photo printer.

Have a good'n!

stool

Diggrr said:
Make any picture you want in 3" x3" 100 pixels per inch.
Resize the actual print size to 1" x1" 300 pixels per inch..print.

Set it on something small and level, elevated above a piece of newspaper and drip epoxy on it, in 10 minutes you have a custom case badge with anything you want.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7.2 and a Lexmark photo printer.

Have a good'n!
Just for the hell of it, I tried that out tonite. Intead of epoxy I used acoustic adhesive, and I must say, it worked like a charm. Good one, Diggr

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Triflux, make a dozen images to floppies and take 'em to Kinkos for the printing...they'll all fit on one sheet. Maybe burn them to a cdrw. One sheet printed shouldn't set you back as much as custom badges from the net would.

Thanks guys. I've been making my own since I bought my first AMD chip (233 for $250..lol). I only had a p.o.s. Cannon bubble jet though. The case I bought for it had a big empty square on the front...my first case mod (of sorts) I guess.

Mount the case badge on a piece of plexi and glue an led behind it to light her up. A corresponding hole in the case bezel, and a little wire to the harddrive indicator header, and viola!

Happy trails!

OP
T

triflux

Disabled
thanks Dig you are very
icon3.gif