• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom liquid cooler for LGA 775 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you running 1 or two fans on the car IC?
Do you have pictures of that setup yet?
I haven't decided what I'm doing with fans yet, turns out, I didn't apply the epoxy uniformly enough, or the plugs I machined were just slightly too small to form a good seal with the epoxy so when I leak tested the IC under dynamic pressure the seals were leaking. I need to find someone locally either capable of TIGging or come up with some other creative way to create an external seal because the plugs aren't coming out of the IC unless they're cut out at this point.

I'm confused by what you mean.... I think you mean tub... And it's a pretty hefty pump. I wanted to make sure that it was deep enough underwater.

Finally found a place that wanted to weld some aluminum for me...

So i got the leak on my 'radiator fixed...' maybe I can do the preliminary mechanical assembly on this this weekend?
2012-08-24_19-37-14_713.jpg

So finally some good news for this ridiculous project. The next time I sit down and start to work on this project, it will be to leak test all of the parts together for at least a day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel:)

I got the inter-cooler welded up, mounted, pump mounted, the fill tank // accumulator is mounted, and the plumbing between the three items are solid.

I leak tested the whole thing on a semi-open loop for about 20-30 mins pretty successfully. Also the flow rate is pretty stupid for this application.

2012-08-29_01-42-44_97.jpg

SO! I finally had a few hours I could dedicate to tinkering on my cooling loop project. I decided to replace my use of compression fittings inside of the computer, (due to issues I was having with tiny leaks using this rigid tubing), with solid cast iron pipes. Then I filled the whole system and let it run for several hours and fixed all of the leaks and it seems to be pretty happy.

2012-10-14_22-30-01_101.jpg

2012-10-14_22-52-31_339.jpg

2012-10-14_22-52-40_278.jpg

Back