• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom loop CPU GPU Raven RVZ01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxNAPxx

Hello everyone, it's been a while I am doing researches about the chances of building a custom waterloop in my mini itx case.
My case is a Raven RVZ01
The case by manufacturer could host a custom cpu gpu loop (on their website you can find some recommendations),my concern is that this particular case is really small and very difficult to find all the items,especially pump and reservoir.
The manufacturer recommends a bitpower reservoir which you could mount on the 3,5" hdd slot situated on the power supply bracket (as shown on the picture attached),unfortunately bitspower does not produce this reservoir any longer and no other manufacturers do 3,5"reservoir, and this became a problem for finding the pump as well. The recommended pump is a laing ddc (the old model whit the mounting holes on tge side of it) cause this can be screwed in the 2,5" ssd space on the gpu support bracket,as shown on the picture

eab54f3419c25c7cc71849320df2be00.jpg

06a84a94792ea1f64aeb88270cd03647.jpg

After some research (unfortunately nothing really came up) I chose a combo pump/reservoir (which is actually less painful) in particular these two model I'll show you: tge first one is this alphacool product

5af4c447fda694d195fd327489d54717.jpg

0350292b3792ad0e7681d95d58b02623.jpg

If I buy the ddc pump and mount this reservoir top I should manage to fit the space between the gpu bracket and the power supply, but only in the case it does not need a pump top, but only this reservoir mounted straight on, so that I can screw the combo on the gpu bracket. Unfortunately I did not understand whether I can mount this reservoir straight on or I need a top also (this solution could not fit in)

Otherwise I considered as alternative this pump reservoir combo by xspc (with a D5 pump included) but I cannot understand if the base can fit the 2,5" space on the gpu bracket.

27ed5746c56e9abe42940211d7e9feae.jpg

Could you please help me regarding this or tell me any compatible solution I haven't considered yet or stumbled across? Thanks in advance, cheers

the ddc pump res/top is all you need. the res acts as a top for the pump. the d5 pump/res ive never used or even seen before so i cant help there. im not positive but i think a single ddc and something like this will work
res

Unfortunately this solution doesn't work for my case, there are no 5,25" bays in my case the only one which was doong the job was the 3,5" model of this res that bitspower does not produce any longer

No it wasn't this but this could work too, by doing some further research I stumbled across this product from alphacool

alphacool-eisstation-ddc-solo-reservoir-1012870-65406-1.jpg

Which I think should be the right product for my use, it can be mount exactly on a ssd 2,5" space and also the pump can be mount and covered inside this little box with an height of 89mm in total

Don't know how much could be the total height (pump+res) of the reservoir you highlighted but roughly should be the same

Thanks everybody for your help

yw and be sure to post up some pics when you finish up your loop ;) im sure it will help others, being that small form factor cases are getting so popular.

Sure I will it's gonna be a little of a challenge.

Regarding this i was also looking for the best solution in terms of tubes. I think the best should be the 1/4 do you confirm? Will I lose performance in cooling despite of using the 3/8?

I also want to share the others item I did select for my project

My CPU is a i7 7700k which I will delid once I get the waterblock. As WB I chose this from EK: EK velocity

2988095-xl-a.jpg

My GPU is a Gigabyte G1 1080 gaming so the waterblock will be the custom made for this GPU, plus its backplate

2743344-xl-c.jpg

2749786-xl-a.jpg

My radiators will be one of 120 and another of 240 both from XSPC which are the thinnest on the market

61nhsbpIuHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

The most difficult part to find was the combo res/pump once I finally found it will be only a matter of operating hoping everything will fit but I know from now I'll face some trouble fo sure

In terms of tubes and fittings guys what would you recommend?

personally i would go with 3/8in but 1/4in will be alot easier to route in small quarters. the difference in flow rate wont be enough to matter one way or the other. 1/4in fittings may be hard to find but 3/8in are really easy to get. brand of fittings, i like barrow for their price to performance but bitspower, alphacool and ek all make solid compression fittings. if you arent concerned with looks you should be able to find 1/4in and 3/8in barbed fittings pretty easily. the benefit of going with barbs vs compression is youll never have to worry about a leak with a barb fitting and worm drive clamps. compression fittings should be nearly as tough but the rotary fittings are hit or miss as far as eventual leaks go.

Mmm I don't understand why barbs fitting should be better in terms of leaking could you please explain?

Also seems difficult to find 1/4 tubes

with barb fittings its just much easier visually/physically to make certain that your clamps are tightened down properly vs compression fittings that may be harder to tell if they are tight enough. with barbs and clamps once they are tight they wont budge. no matter what you do. you can move parts around, tug and pull on tubing and youll never have a leak. koolance should have 1/4in tubing. i cant vouch for its quality as i havent used it for a very long time. if you go with 3/8in tubing i would suggest primochill lrt. ive had really good luck with it in the past and im currently running it in my main rig.

Hello Everybody I got my reservoir pump combo but unfortunately doesn't fit the little space between the gpu bracket and the power supply's one, as shown in the image attached (this picture is taken from another build) this guy manged to put his combo fitting the spase with a 65mm tall combo while mine is 88mm tall, because of this, just for few mm I won't be able to make it unless I remove the power supply cage and push the psu a little bit more to the top side, in that case though I will need a mod to ensure the psu to the case, do you know any accessories that can be used to mount a psu in a case?
photostream

Attachments

• _20190118_164753.JPG
    _20190118_164753.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 107
Back