• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Water Block. Is it viable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Temo Vryce

Hi, I've been lurking arround this board on and off for a while now and I've finally decided that I want to build a water cooling setup for my computer. It's a PIII 667MHz currently running at 700MHz. I ran Burn6 on it last night and the external thermometer(sp?) hit 65*C before I shut Burn6 down. Now what I plan to do is simple. I have a heatsink that I plan on using for the base of the block. I was thinking of putting a Plexiglass case arround the heatsink to complete the water block. My input would be in the centre of the top of the block with two outputs on one side. I have a BMP image that I'll attach to give you something to look at so I make some sense. Now what I would like to know is if you feel that it will work? Thank you for your time and any advice that you can give me.

CSaddict

Generally plexi and metal expand at differnet rates therefore you may get leaks unless you really seal the crap out of it. But its a good idea and I think it will work. Run it for a few days before you put in just to be sure!

Tecumseh

It can be made to work, but the results wont be fantastic.
WBs evolved past the HS-encased-in-plexiglass or lexan
over two years ago. You don't see this much anymore
except for guys experimenting.