• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Customize Install Sheild Wizard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ronin1967

I have done this on some software, but with others I have a few problems and am looking for some help, let me explain...

I own a lot of software that comes with a CD key. The key is usually on the case or on booklet or someplace that is easily destroyed or lost.

Most of the time I am able to copy the cd to my hard drive, edit the setup.ini file, add the cd-key right into the setup.ini file, then I just burn the CD and no more worries.

I was wondering if there was a utillity or software that helps edit Install Sheild Wizard or at the very least would help to define the field(ie the CD key field name, CDKey, ProductKey, ect...)

OP
ronin1967

ronin1967

fortunately I figured it, the CD key I was trying to save was from an Adobe product. They have a tool that let's you optomize the install sheild for their products...