• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cya later Android!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's nice. There are a few missing settings options, but it's an Epic 4G Touch port to my phone (US Cellular GS2), and it's built from the CM10 source. Settings are being added in over time so I'm just waiting for it to get there. :)

Eagerly awaiting EB AOSP JB for my G2x. Right now I'm nullifying and restoring stock so I can get the baseband update, then going to try EB AOSP ICS. Have been using Hellfire Sandwich previously.

I ordered a new bezel for my SGS 1 and it finally showed up from singapore last week.. I figured only 3.99 plus shipping and my phone would look new again... I started to take it apart and *CRACK* :(

I couldnt be down without a phone for more than a couple of days, so I went out and bought a Galaxy Nexus. :) It is sweeeet!

I do miss my SGS 1 though :( I will get a screen for it and put it all back together someday!

Eagerly awaiting EB AOSP JB for my G2x. Right now I'm nullifying and restoring stock so I can get the baseband update, then going to try EB AOSP ICS. Have been using Hellfire Sandwich previously.

You will like it. I had my first Google now experience. I must say, this voice is 1000x better than siri just based upon how much more human it sounds.

I ordered a new bezel for my SGS 1 and it finally showed up from singapore last week.. I figured only 3.99 plus shipping and my phone would look new again... I started to take it apart and *CRACK* :(

I couldnt be down without a phone for more than a couple of days, so I went out and bought a Galaxy Nexus. :) It is sweeeet!

I do miss my SGS 1 though :( I will get a screen for it and put it all back together someday!

Ouch. :( But at least you got a heck of an upgrade! :D

You will like it. I had my first Google now experience. I must say, this voice is 1000x better than siri just based upon how much more human it sounds.

Ouch. :( But at least you got a heck of an upgrade! :D

Yeah google now is AWESOME. Up here in Canada, Siri will not give you directions to places, or tell you where the closest (insert retailer here) is. Apple fail. Google now though does. :)

Only problem I'm having is the lack of typical Cyanogenmod settings. I think I'm going to go back to CM9, because they have now gotten Google Now to work completely on ICS. Before the voice commands wouldn't work.

im liking the s-voice on the galaxy s3 unlike the iphone you can open apps by voice which is nice but like all the voice apps out it doesn't always understand you if your using uncommon words,ill be interested to try out the google voice app when they update the s3 to jellybean.

just got the phone so im gana wait a bit to root it and try out roms on it.
so far great phone,battery life can be a bit short if your on it alot but i hear samsung is putting out a update to address its battery management.
i guess when the phones asleep it turns the cpu down to 30% and it was supposed to turn it down to 3% or something like that.

That's pretty much what I've heard. How is your reception with the GS3? I read it was bad for pretty much everyone. But the phone is VERY nice overall though.

That's pretty much what I've heard. How is your reception with the GS3? I read it was bad for pretty much everyone. But the phone is VERY nice overall though.

well i have horrible reception were i live anyways but i usually have 3-4 bars here with this phone and my last phone the evo 4g typically had 2-3 bars but the evo only had 5 bars were this one has 6 so i would say the reception is about the same.
tho i have alot less failed texts then i did on my evo.
over all i would say this is the best phone ive had my hands on by far.

I lose reception at my day job with my nexus :( I am in a large city also. Its sad. I think its the provider though.

For all of you having reception issues, why don't you guys try another modem?

you talking about something like these?

our internet through wifi isn't the problem its cell reception for phone calls/texts.
sprint has promised to re do there whole system this year and just notified me they are putting a 4g tower less them a mile from my house within the next 6 months so hopefully it wont be a problem for me for long.

I assume he meant what amounts to the modem driver or firmware or what have you. With my phone the original factory software left me with 0-1 bar in my house, often i would lose reception completely in certain parts of the house. With the newer stuff that came with my custom rom, i generally get 1-2 bars in my house, so where it used to not work at all, now it is just slow.

Yeah I'm talking about the driver, you can really boost your signal with some of them, xda-developers.com has a whole bunch of them, and as long as it's designed for your device there is no apn or firmware compatibility for them, just root and flash

yea im planing on rooting my galaxy s3 once i get the jellybean update and there is a root kit for it,
but just called sprint and there sending on of there airave devices for free so it will be like i have my own cell tower in my house i think that will take care of my reception problems for now=)

Yeah I bet that'll be nice=) good luck with your s3, very nice phone=) I'm still rocking my s2 and I just can't part with NY s1 haha, really powerful phones, rooting the galaxy series is like taking the world's fastest car and customizing it to your liking, it's hard not to love these phones haha

yea im loving my s3 so far first samsung product ive bought other then my tv and i have to say that company must crap gold everything i have seen from them is fantastic there quickly becoming my favorite company for consumer electronics,looking at one of there surround systems now...lol

whats cool about this phone and tv combo is i can wirelessly send pictures/video to the tv for viewing with just a flick of the screen and also control the tv and use the phone to play games built into the tv lol.

Ouch, that sucks.
My mom's screen cracked on her Galaxy S last month.
Bought the screen/digitizer/glass (all one piece) for around $110 off ebay and got it all fixed up.

I saw that you had an ICS rom on it..?
Mind giving a link to it or what the name is? As my mom's is on 2.2 which is limited compared to newer versions.
Also, how was ICS experience on it?

& I'm very happy with Android. I'd personally never get an iPhone...Just not enough customization for me.

I have a custom rom on my phone (HTC Sensation 4G) with overclocked/undervolted cpu. Wish it had more ram. Other then that, I love it and almost never have problems.

Back